All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Shelter

Covers of Tom Petty songs

Ok, I get it. You didn't like that. Fine. How about this then...
  3. Shelter

Echo in the Canyon

What a ride.. kinda messy. At first I thought well cigarette in mouth, laid back as ever, showing some distance even, being told instructions mid song, then defunct microphone, and a dancing bear on stage in robe and funny hat.. (is that Bruce, straight from the VIP lounge bar.. and wth..?!) I was thinking stop baby what's that sound .. Then of course.. midways, Tom steps in, saves the day with ultra cool delivery and phrasing and shows the tired old dinos what song it is, what soul it has and how it is to be understood. Cool as ever! From there on it works ok.. but still.. I know these guys are legends.. but they butchered this.. really chaotic and they are far from enjoyable shape here.
  4. Big Blue Sky

Echo in the Canyon

5. Big Blue Sky

Echo in the Canyon

From Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
  6. Yesterday
  7. It was either Lucinda Williams at the Neptune, or Marty Stuart at the Triple Door, both in Seattle. Those are the only 2 shows I've gone to since that day. Neil says he's touring Crazy Horse after the new album is released, and I'll see them for sure if they come to town.
  8. So my first show since I last saw TPATHB which was the last night of the 2014 HE tour on October 11th 2014 at The Forum LA, is actually going to be Neil Young (playing with Promise of The Real) and Bob Dylan on July 14th 2019 upcoming at Nolan Park Kilkenny Ireland. Looking forward to it, and for me its a kinda fitting way for it to be the first next show i'll actually be at after the last Tom and the Heartbreakers show I saw which was actually the last live music show I have actually been to. I'll report back here after the show how I experienced it! 😀 Keep on rockin in the free world while you still can everyone! 😀
  9. under-them-skies-of-blue

Words on Take The Highway: Live!

That one worked perfectly! Thank you! Looks like I have a project for the day 😄
  10. Shelter

Lost Universal Master Tapes

It's still fun to sue, though. Gives you a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
  11. nurktwin

Classic Rock Video of the Day II

6/26/19 The Beatles
  12. Arete411

FWIW I saw this post by “ryan de topanga” on a different forum: The good news is that the stereo analog masters for every Universal album are intact, as we used those to remaster for Hi-Res and vinyl a few years ago. Also, every multitrack that I've requested over the years has been available. Some on the original 2" analog, and some as digital transfers. Outtakes and unreleased songs that were not "masters" for the specific songs on each album stayed in Tom's vault. The estate is currently requesting from Universal a full accounting of the multitracks.
  13. tarquin

Also ALL his studio Albums were remastered & re-released on Vinyl after the fire !
  14. Tom’s estate suing Universal over lost recordings from fire. what do people think he lost here ? already had a massive amount of archive stuff remastered, released & presumably digitised over the years (Playback, Live Anthology which must have been drawn from huge amount of sources, bonus/unheard tracks on recent releases, DTT re-release) Presumably Wildflowers All The Rest OK, as indicators are he was working on that after 2008
  15. Big Blue Sky

Oh no - blocked? What about this one? Nice sharp focus / high resolution.
  16. Big Blue Sky

Tom Petty as the cat in the hat... You are funny! 🎩 Maybe Mike's the gator in the hat? 🐊🎩Actually, Benmont, now, consider, he's cool cat in hat too. 🐆🎩Oh no! We need more animals for this to work!!! I'm kind of glad that while they had many peaks in popularity & songs were part of zeitgeist, they never flew too close to the sun like poor old Icarus (myth, not band). Or let ambition get out of control. Or created hype without substance. So they retained their mojo over a long career & are still much loved. Like people say - TPATH's part of the soundtrack of our lives. Never seemed anywhere near falling into that too-popular situation where (for some bands) it seems everyone owns an album for 6 months before turning on a band & start hating them or finding them cheesy / embarrassing...Not naming names!! For some bands, as those metal gods Spinal Tap say: fine line between clever & stupid.
  17. Big Blue Sky

Sigh... Peace Sunday Committee Benefit show... that would be golden.
  18. Last week
  19. under-them-skies-of-blue

All I'm really disappointed or upset about is the fact that this video has been blocked in my country (USA) 😭
  20. martin03345

Echo in the Canyon

21. TomFest

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now?

Nice song, thanks. Willie is a treasure.
  22. TomFest

Random Thoughts Thread

You just missed the naked bicyclists in Seattle. The Fremont area north of downtown is a haven for - let's call them free thinking Americans (hippies). This weekend was their street fair which includes the naked bike ride. I'll display it as a link because it may not be SFW. They paint their bodies, but well......some more successful than others at obscuring the important parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3246bPg8M6I
  23. TomFest

Dave Bartholomew / Fats Domino

I'd assume it was over a longer period of time than just 20 years, but that is a truckload of songs. 100 years old, wow. RIP, Dave Bartholomew.
  24. TomFest

Echo in the Canyon

I guess it's fair to say The Byrds are underrated by those that don't care for country-rock or Americana, but I don't think that's the case for fans of the genre. They're held in pretty high regard as contributing to the birth of that style of music. Too bad the quality of that video was so poor. I like their version of "Jesus Is Just Alright" maybe better than the Doobies.
  25. nurktwin

Rock N Roll Drive-In

6/25/19 Eric Clapton live at Montreux 1986
  26. Hoodoo Man

Echo in the Canyon

I was pretty bummed to notice at 4PM sunday that the Film was being screened in Cambridge MA about 60 min away- at 5pm with a Q&A with Jacob and a live performance after that. Sadly I was on my way to the airport and couldn't detour. what made me sadder is there seemed to be several screenings in Boston with the Q&A so keep a close eye on their FB page for events like this near you. Seems they are on some kind of tour.
  27. martin03345

Echo in the Canyon

Did you say embarrassing recreation of their famed work?!? Well I have a sad video for you! I love how bored they look during their pantomiming of "Mr. Tambourine Man". And I get why some people may not like their later years. Though Americana has been growing into a huge genre the past 15 years, I know just from over the 15 years I've been on this board that most people on here are not the biggest fans of that style. And again, to each their own. Whether you like them or not wasn't the point, the point I was just getting across is that their a vastly underrated band.
  1. Load more activity