Sign in to follow this  
jptoombs

Problems with tompetty.com community message board

^^ Besides the problem with trolls on the officials, there is the problem of regular members who derail threads, and think it's funny to do so. There is no respect or consideration of other members on the officials, rather there is often hostility and mean-spiritedness.

^^^^ The officials will NEVER change, the same probs now are the same back in the day. You say "in honor of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers", they don't honor TPATH, ppl there bash TPATH! I love the Farm and imho this is the Only site that cares about TPATH, I will always appreciate Ryan for starting this site when he did and appreciate Ref doing her job. :)

Edited by AngelDream

Yet here you are! Welcome. I hope we can convert you! :003:

Eh, I don't believe in conversion. :cool::P Ha, ha. I love the officials too much. I feel like I'm neglecting Tom if I'm not there enough. I don't mind it here. I'm just popping in because there's more traffic here. I'm still over at the officials a lot. More than I am here actually. I think I'm mostly on the Facebook group page mostly. DAMN! :075: LOL sorry, I had to get that out. I burnt a CD of my favorite Tom Petty songs and it's skipping already! I made it less 12 hours ago and played it ONCE in the car!!! Dang it!!!

Anyway, they need to fix the board. Nuff said: NEEDS FIXED. :003:

I do really enjoy all of the different smileys this board offers though. :)

I love the Officials and it's not my fault or Tom Petty's fault they have trolls and problems.

I really enjoy the people that post there, and I will say that the real fun that goes on is mostly in the Facebook group where we talk about Tom Petty all the time, 24/7 there is a very interesting conversation on TPATH, not daily questions or anything non-TP related like that. There are conversations that talk about our lives, but they are short sweet, "I'm off to bed, got to work tomorrow" comments. I would have been over here from the start if the topics were more Tom Petty centered. I like sharing my TP knowledge and gaining more. I've been here for a week and haven't seen any new engaging topics about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers that wasn't like this thread about the BBS. Maybe the one for the DTT reissue, but that's no fun. I mean come on. Can't someone just post a youtube video of an old TP airing or Top of the Pops or something to start SOME TP topics. To me this board is more where the fans talk about their daily life associating with Tom Petty, not Tom Petty topics directly. At least our house troll posts articles that start nice conversations about the band and their past and future.

I'm not dissing this site, but I promised myself I'd try it out, and I'm seeing the differences between the sites.

Different top posters and frequent posters, different types of topics, and when you ignore the trolls and work around the errors the topics on the Officials are more worth your time if your a Tom Petty fan looking for Tom Petty related conversations. I'm just saying...

Edited by tompetty1976

we came here 11 years ago to get out of the "same old". sure we have different subjects to talk about, but it's still a tom petty site with a few options. would anyone go to a restaurant that serves only steaks? NO, you go to a restaurant that HAS a menue to choose different foods, it's the same here. the big difference here is that no one is playing head games like the officials. if someone here has met Tom or knows him personally, the next person admires and respects that. we don't try to go 1 up and say "i know him better than you". that's what we are about. we aren't trying to change the world, we're just trying to have fun and enjoy the music, whether it's Tom's or anyone elses.

What? No love for the cherry pie? What's wrong with you? LOL! It's red, tasty and a must have for Thanksgiving. Don't like cherries, Ryan? Watch how you answer that, lol. :P