Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Jason Sinay and Ape Live! The Joint - 11/05/10

Since I have a moment and everyone is waiting, I'll say a quick word. The show was nothing short of AMAZING(as always)! I just love seeing this band. Waddy Wachtel also appeared as a special guest, boy was that a treat! Between Jason, Bruce, and Waddy, it was a guitar fest! Everyone was rocking, they never cease to blow me away. I had such a great time and can't wait to see them again! It was also a great set list, but I can't remember all that was played right now. Maybe I'll recall more later when I have another moment to spare(or someone else can give it). And it was SO nice to see every one. :003:

Yeah, we've been busy and most of us are still on the road going home! I'm in a hotel with a horrible internet connection... not that it matters, I didn't take a lot of pictures because The Joint is so dark, and I wanted to focus on the music.

Jason was incredible!!! Mark has posted some video on Youtube. Songs I remember off the top of my head are Down to You (yay!) Like a Hurricane, Powderfinger, Chicken Girl, Lawyers Guns and Money, Jumpin' Jack Flash... I'm forgetting a lot. The place was packed!

I cannot wait until his new album is released...

Now I need to get back to the beach - the sunset is gorgeous tonight. I love California!

Nancy, thanks for the reminder. Sometimes I get so into the music I forget the titles, I just hum away. And I hummed away quite a bit, to a point I forgot to pake photos.......but that doesn't matter :)

I do remember he played Rain and Only Son too....

The band is so great. I wish you all could come for a listen one of these gigs. I am so blessed to live this close by. I love my gigs and my travels.

Just wish I didn't have to work to make it happen... but that goes for all of us doesn't it?

It's just strange no one asks for bananas. Maybe next time we will pay with 'em?

Okay, round 1 for pictures from the photo monkey. (did I ever mention that I love that fact that I picked my moniker even before I'd heard of the Knobs?) I will post more, but here a start.

Always start the show with a big Ape smile!

4787.jpg

It was good to see Phil back in robust health!

5044.jpg

4936.jpg

5369.jpg

5273.jpg

I even caught Rick smiling!

5152.jpg

5494.jpg

5441.jpg

There were 2 setlists - I got a picture of the second, but I am waiting to see if anyone got the first one, before posting it.

Here's the setlist:

first set:

Hey Mama

Monkey Man

Gimme the Time

Down To You

Equinox (will be recording it soon)

Dupree

Only Son

Eyes of the World

Powderfinger

second set:

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Hurricane

Lawyers

Santa Rosa

Chicken Girl

Peggy - O

Cortez the Killer

Hey Joe

Love in Vain

Great pictures Marcia, and great show! It was so wonderful to see everyone (and to meet Nancy) I was so tired but I wanted to go because I knew it would be a good show and it was (always is!)....the only thing I am wondering is if they actually did play Cortez the Killer. It's one of my favorite Neil Young songs and I don't recall hearing it - would be amazing to see Jason play it!! I'm just hoping I wasn't so tired that I completely spaced out and missed it. - lol :095: Does anyone remember hearing it?

Maybe they skipped it. I got a quick shot of the second set list, upside down and at an angle but I rotated it and straightened it as best I could.

Looks like the five songs are:

Peggy - O(h)

Cortez (the Killer)

Hey Joe

Love (in) Vain

5426qa.jpg

So finally - here's a few from my camera...

DSCN0656cc.jpg

DSCN0657cc.jpg

DSCN0660c.jpg

DSC_0204b.jpg

Too bad the light was so blue. I really don't want to try to alter this photo too much (cause I can't) but it gives you a hint.. A smurf Ape :)