Sign in to follow this  
Marion

Tampa Concert Review/Photos/Gainesville Trip & Photos!

And, I was able to walk all the down and back UP! And, I was only a little short of breath. Just a few short months ago I would not have even entertained walking all the way down there because I knew there was NO WAY I would have made it back up.

You should have seen her go! We were both boogie-ing back up and saying, this isn't bad! And then the burn in the muscles came. LOL But we persevered!

Regarding the Glen Springs Pool...I used my new philosophy of not having any regrets. The pool is now on private property. (The local Elks Club is there now) There were people outside so up I walked and said, this might be crazy of me but we are Tom Petty fans from Kansas, England, California, and New Jersey. And then the lady finished my sentence....and you want to see the pool, right?! hehehehe I thought to myself, do I know these people? Am I ever going to see them again? NO! Just figured the worst was they call the police and say some weirdo from Kansas is in our parking lot babbling on about Tom Petty! LOL

She was SUPER nice and took us on a tour. It was something to see. The pool obviously is in disrepair due to lack of funds and man power. But it was still very fun to see and the history and background she gave was really cool. It is a series of four pools, each deeper that the last one. The spring head is at the top and flows into the other pools. There were no chemicals added to it back in the day. They would empty it every week, scrub it down and refill it. Neato! She told us that people sometimes climb the fence and swim in the spring head. It was crystal clear and cool. I truly loved seeing it!

We all had the BEST time! Thank you for posting all of these photos..I loved seeing ZZ Top, their set was just the coolest! Found out they played the Beacon Theatre just a few days before they played with the Heartbreakers. I have to see them again!! One of my most favorite things from this trip is a beautiful folder Marion made up for all of us....with all the things we would be seeing in Gainesville. I had tears in my eyes seeing that.....it had the photos and space where we could put pics, too....(((Marion))) Thank you and Pete for everything.

I loved those Springs. How cool was that we got a little tour there, too. And to hear Richy speak....well now, that was just the coolest!!! I love hearing the stories. Having Danny share that day with us was so great! Loved the license plate!

I am so glad Johni had such a great time at the show...and was so very happy I could give him those drumsticks and pick from it to him. He came from so far away and was one of TPATH's earliest fans. It was truly special, indeed....thank you, you know who :heart:

The concert was amazing and great and exciting and all of those things...but the memories and time shared with dear friends is the icing of that cake. It was a truly magical time and I cannot wait to see you all again!

Great pcis, Marion. Johni, just blew us away with his luggage full of goodies!

Johni, I can't believe you lugged that all the way from England! Thank you so much! That was so awesome of you!

I am so glad I made this trip. I originally canceled my ticket when the show was rescheduled. Then, just a short couple of weeks ago, Sharon and Tee were on Facebook messaging me that I should go! Sharon had also canceled her ticket but then decided to go. I told them I would only go if I could get a good seat. So, onto Ticketmaster I went and I tried the Mojo package and the 15th. row in the center section was coming up. I thought no way! I am too short to be sitting more than a few rows back if I am on the floor. So, I threw that ticket back and just did a regular, best available seat. Low and behold, a side lower section came up. Section right next to the stage, 3 rows up and 3rd. seat in. people, it was like front row! I grabbed it immediately! The rest of my trip plans just all fell into place. It was meant to be! Haha! :003:

It was surely meant to be, Patty!! :003:

Okay, here is a tee shirt I got in a cute shop along our "Gainesville Tour". I am going to wear it to my next Dirty Knobs show....I just love it!

100_5125.JPG

Those "gators" are part of my collection. The big one on the right is a hand puppet...

^ Patty, I always say when things were meant to be, it just all falls into place. And for this trip, that's exactly what happened. We had a blast and I wouldn't change one single thing that happened. I'm SO glad you were there!

^ Tee, I'm still laughing at, "Uh-oh now I feel the burn, LOL! Even still, we kept going and it felt so good. I think I might become a daredevil in my old age, HAHAHA!

^ Beth, I LOVE that t-shirt! I need to call that lady back at the shop. She was so nice and helpful. How cool would that have been to see ZZ TOP at the Beacon? Wow! I've been listening to them since I got home.

Johni was like Santa. He brought us Christmas in September. It was such a delight! I don't know when I've had so much fun.

Marion, all the pictures are great! Thank you so much for posting them! I loved everything about this trip!

Sharon, I know...ZZ at that beautiful theater! I am so happy I will be seeing Jackson there again in Nov....I love that place!! YAY!!! More concerts to come!!

Does it look like there is pain in my face here? Well, I was wearing that skirt and this marble was HOT!! Ouch, lol! But I sure love this gator..I made it my FB profile pic :heart:

DSC068261.JPG

Patty, that was too funny! I forgot about that. LOL!!

Beth, you were holding back? You were so far ahead of us that we were about to call the park rangers to look for you! I was dragging up at the end of course. hahaha! Sharon and Tee, you guys did good! Next time, I'm going to try to be in better shape so I can keep up. You all are an inspiration. :)

Awwww, such WONDERFUL pictures!! It does bring back memories of our own Gainesville tour last year, doesn't it Caroline!?! I'm so pleased to see what Devil's Millhopper was like. It was closed last year when we were there. What a gorgeous and secluded place. No wonder Tom and his friends liked to go there! Glen Springs Pool is so interesting to see. There's probably a TPATH related story that I've missed on that. AND what a great story about about meeting a couple of Tom's crew on the plane, Tee. It really does pay to speak up - way to go! By the way, has anyone checked out the prices those vintage TPATH shirts are going for on Ebay lately? That Into The Great Wide Open shirt Tee was holding is going for $200 right now.

Love your Gator Girls t-shirt, too Beth - perfect for a Knobs gig for sure! Also so glad to see Patty Petty was there - you are one lucky girl to end up with such a great seat!

I was afraid to go all the way down because of my foot. I only ventured down the first couple of flights. You guys all did good though.

That was a steep drop. I can't imagine sliding down there like Tom says they did. Then again, they were teenagers doing that. I've done stuff like that too, as I'm sure we all have. I doubt Tom would do that now, hahaha!

Shar, the bit about Glen Springs Pool is a line from Dreamville. If you think about it, you'll remember. Man, I love that song.

Dreamville

By: Tom Petty

Goin' down to Lillian's music store

To buy a black diamond string

Gonna wind it up on my guitar

Gonna make that silver sing

Like it was Dreamville

A long time ago

A million miles away

All the trees were green

In Dreamville

I keep wakin' up all by myself

With a bluejay in my brain

Flappin' his wings, makin' me sing

It was just about to rain

Like it was Dreamville

Where I was born

Light years from here

And the air smelled good

In Dreamville

Like it was Dreamville

A long time ago

Light years from here

And the trees were green

In Dreamville

Ridin' with my mamma

To Glen Springs Pool

The water was cold

My lips were blue

There was rock and roll

Across the dial

When I think of her

It makes me smile

Like it was Dreamville

A long time ago

A million miles away

All the trees were green

In Dreamville, in Dreamville

Yeah it was Dreamville

A long time ago

Light years from here

And the air smelled good

In Dreamville, in Dreamville

^^ HA! We didn't go in there but we should have. Danny told a story of being there and sitting at a bar stool and the bartender told him to 'be careful or the ghosts will get you'. WHAT? It used to be a funeral parlor. :)

Edited by KansasPettyFan