Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Taylor Swift is 'horrible,' says Black Crowes' Chris Robinson

Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson handed out his opinion on country starlet Taylor Swift recently, branding the blond "horrible."

"I find it embarrassing that adults are like, 'Taylor Swift is very talented.' She's not. She might be cute, but she's horrible," Robinson told Nylon Guys, according to Contact Music.

It seems that Kate Hudson's ex-husband takes issue with the production style employed by Swift and her popular counterparts.

"They have stylists who dress them, they make records with producers who play a chord ...

... into the computer and it all comes out the same ... when you have computers doing it all for you ... there's no individuality. Singing isn't always about being on key; it's about emotionality [sic]," he argues.

Does Robinson make a point, or is he simply staking Swift? Tell us your thoughts below.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2010/09/chris-robinson-slams-taylor-swift.html

A lot of younger kids--middle school kids--like her. I have never thought she sounded awful on her records, but all of her songs are beginning to sound alike (I think she sings in the same key for everything.) I did see her on one of the Country Music Awards Shows, and she didn't sound bad that night (maybe off key once and a while because she was running all over the stage). I don't understand why Chris Robinson would care unless it is like someone else stated--she is making more money than him. She did an impressive job on how she came to be a country star with Hoda on an NBC special--she has worked since she was very young for what she has gotten and she writes her own songs. I don't own any of her records (not my style exactly), but I don't see putting her down.

Last year, Taylor seemed to win most of the country female awards. Oddly enough for the next CMA awards that is coming up in the near future, she nor Carrie Underwood did not get the most female nominations--I think a total of 9 nominations went to Miranda Lambert. Even though Miranda has been around for a while, the song and video that put her on the map this year was "White Liar." If you have never seen this video and don't dislike country music completely, you might like it (even my son-in-law who doesn't like country music thought this video was good).

I just went and looked at two songs that Taylor did at the beginning of the New Orleans game. The whole performance was a little blurry, but she did not sound bad and she seemed to be on key 99% of the time. I thought she did really good--but then again I like country music.

Edited by HeartbreakerFan

LOL I have to agree with Emmie, I really did not enjoy them as TP's opening act. My ears are still ringing...

I was at that concert too. The sound for them was HORRIBLE. I've always liked them. In fact, years ago when they opened for ZZ Top at The Spectrum in Philly, they sounded really good. Don't know if that venue had anything to do with it at the time.