Sign in to follow this  
Mudcrutch

What is Next for TPATH?

The band was supposed to tour in Europe in 2003--a whole intenrary was planned and posted on the officials, remember? And then they became part of at least a handful of artists that axed their overseas tour because of the war. Since then, Tom has mentioned it a few times in interviews but obviously nothing has come of it.

Does anyone know where I can find the tour dates for that European Tour they had released? Would be interesting to see.

I think they will scale back some. They've been doing this a long time and anything gets tiresome after 60. They will likely get back with Mudcrutch and do a short tour next year. Don't expect them to totally retire and fade away next year, but it is coming. Mike and Ben will probably play in their side bands till they can't do it anymore, but I'm not sure what Tom will do in retirement from the Heartbreakers....when you have worked so hard for so long...work becomes the thing that keeps you going. I am afraid if he totally retires, he will die. His life has been so wrapped up in what he does musically, it is who he is.

^^With a clubhouse like that, I can't see retirement coming!! ;)

I could imagine a cover album, probably consisiting of stuff Tom played on the Buried Treasure Shows. I would love to hear them play Elmore James' "Shake Your Moneymaker"!

But...that's probably just wishful thinking.

I could imagine a cover album, probably consisiting of stuff Tom played on the Buried Treasure Shows. I would love to hear them play Elmore James' "Shake Your Moneymaker"!

them doing anything by Elmore James would be fantastic! Shake your money maker is such a dance-able tune. I cannot sit still with that on:003:

Exactly what I was thinking. That is really some territory that they haven't hit yet.