Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Least Favorite Track(s) from MOJO

Jefferson Jericho Blues and First Flash of Freedom (lyrics still make me crazy)

That said, nothing on there I'll skip over - I like the sequencing of it.

JJB gets me thinking about all of the "presidential indiscretions" in history...lol There have been a lot of them! I can't get past that. It's hectic subject matter. I dig the rhythm everywhere in the song.

"Let Yourself Go" doesn't really rock my boat. The lyrics are cool though...

Does anybody else feel that "Good Enough" doesn't really belong where they put it, after "Something Good Coming"? I mean, SGC really is the last song to me. Plus, "Good Enough" is in 3/4 time just like SGC. Really not typical for them to put two songs in 3/4 time together...

^ I totally agree. Not only do I think Good Enough and Something Good Coming shouldn't be placed together like they are, I don't think they're good album openers.

That said, Good Enough didn't do it for me from the get go. Definitely not one of my favorites. Also, US 41. Bleh. Don't like that at all.

"US 41", sounds kinda disharmonic and "Takin' My Time". I'm choosing them because of the music, the lyrics arent't that important. The music is what I care about the most.

I also don't get the beginning and end of "First Flash". The middle is cool though.

How can you choose "Candy"? Are you crazy? :D

^^ OMG, I LOVE US41! It has become my surprise favorite - like I keep pressing repeat.

At first I wasn't big on First Flash of Freedom but it's grown on me. The only one I haven't been able to get into yet is Lover's Touch. Admit to skipping over it a couple times now.

Marion, how can you not love No Reason to Cry!?! That one hit me like a ton of bricks the very first time I heard it and it became an instant favorite to me, just like Have Love Will Travel did. No worries, I love you anyway. ;)

It so interesting to read everyone's responses. Everyone's tastes are so different, even within our little TPATH world.

It just goes to show how a song can mean so much to one person and another just doesn't get it. Something for everyone. I don't like the intro to FFoF, but I love the song after that. I gotta agree with you about not caring for Candy and not too crazy about Takin My Time either.

I absolutely HATE (I never thought I would ever say that about a Tom Petty song) Jefferson Jericho Blues. I just can't take Thurston's harmonica. There is just too much of it. I dislike this song so much I have to skip right over it and go to First Flash of Freedom.

trip to pirates grove I just can't listen to. I skip over that one. I'm not fond of running mans bible or don't pull me over. The rest i LOVE. I can just put this album on repeat and spend all day with it. My co-workers love it too. They couldn't guess it's tom petty. ha ha

I absolutely HATE (I never thought I would ever say that about a Tom Petty song) Jefferson Jericho Blues. I just can't take Thurston's harmonica. There is just too much of it. I dislike this song so much I have to skip right over it and go to First Flash of Freedom.

I don't hate the song, but it's not my favorite. You're right--the harmonica is over-bearing.