Sign in to follow this  
jawallac

Something Good Coming - video premiere

Here's the little write up from AOL music -

It may have taken an extra moment or two, but it seems as if Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have their mojo workin' again. Their first album in eight years -- appropriately entitled 'Mojo' -- is set to be released on June 15. It was originally supposed to drop earlier and the unexpected delay forced the band to reschedule some of their summer dates. No big deal -- the tour has been rerouted and will now kick off in Oakland, Calif. on June 5.

If the first single, 'Something Good Coming,' is any indication, it's safe to say that fans have a lot of good things coming indeed. Petty digs right into it with the Heartbreakers in step and the breezy sound marks a return to form for the famously crafty singer-songwriter.

Of course, Petty is no stranger to fancy videos, having won awards with such visually memorable classics as 'Don't Come Around Here No More' and 'Last Dance with Mary Jane.' But for 'Something Good Coming,' he chose to let the music do the talking. We'll do the same -- check out the video below.

Wow, that really blew me away. Almost brought tears to my eyes. Mike's playing was sublime. I love the "guitar hero" Mike, but the understated Mike is even better. :heart:

That made me cry. Beautiful.

The song is called "Something Good Coming" but everyday I feel worse because I can't see them this summer due that situation I'm in. I still hope though that something good is coming. That song surely gives you hope.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think this type of song is TP's best element. It may not showcase Mike like the rockers but it suits Tom. First thing I've heard from the new album I can honestly say I love. Perhaps the melancholy of it just fits my mood better these days.