Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs Live at Cozy's - 12/07/07

Hey, Lizzie, I loved looking at those pictures....never can have too many! And Ames....your pictures, too! I loved reading that review....I sure wish I was there but you made me feel like I was. And the set list!! Wow!! Great songs for a great night!! Thank you all for the sharing......

Hi surfnburn,

Thanks for the set list. Since this was the first time I've seen the band, I hadn't heard any of the originals before and didn't know the song titles, but I'm sure looking forward to hearing them again. :)

Just a couple of additions to your list:

The song you listed as "Give You Everything I've Got" was actually the start of a three song Beatles medley consisting of "I'm So Tired", "She Said, She Said", and "Tomorrow Never Knows". No sitar on the latter, but they did get that drone sound working pretty good!

I think the instrumental jam started out with "Pipeline" or "Misirlou" (sorry, I get my surf tunes mixed up since there aren't any lyrics,lol). "Secret Agent Man", "Dazed and Confused", and "Rhiannon" were also part of the mix.

They also performed "Little Latin Lupe Lu".

The show time on the ticket was listed as 10:45 pm. I think they started playing at 10:50 pm and ended around 12:30 am. There was a short break before the encore, so they played about 90 minutes worth of music. Such a deal for $12, eh? :)

Hi surfnburn,

Thanks for the set list. Since this was the first time I've seen the band, I hadn't heard any of the originals before and didn't know the song titles, but I'm sure looking forward to hearing them again. :)

Just a couple of additions to your list:

The song you listed as "Give You Everything I've Got" was actually the start of a three song Beatles medley consisting of "I'm So Tired", "She Said, She Said", and "Tomorrow Never Knows". No sitar on the latter, but they did get that drone sound working pretty good!

I think the instrumental jam started out with "Pipeline" or "Misirlou" (sorry, I get my surf tunes mixed up since there aren't any lyrics,lol). "Secret Agent Man", "Dazed and Confused", and "Rhiannon" were also part of the mix.

Thank you Complex Kid...I'm so glad you discovered the band. I'll have to check my "notes", but I think you're right about the jams. I love the set... It has a special meaning to me.

It was an amazing night. I'm looking forward to the next shows.

^Hey, I had the honor of taking that photo of Mike, Susie and Jason!!!!!Glad I didn't totally flail.

That show was back in May of 2002 and with the original Knobs. What an audience

I can only imagine Linda that the Inland Empire audience would not be unlike a Bakersfield "Vinny's" audience...

Alabama Getaway -- Very Dead-ish.

It either is an original Grateful Dead song or they covered a million times and made it theirs. As they did Deal.

One heartfelt moment for me was at the Maverick Saloon when the Knobs guitar tech was tuning up the equipment for the Knobs full aftershow and started playing 'Not Fade Away'. Flashbacks...