Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs Live at Cozy's - 12/07/07

:041::041:It was a night of totally kick-ass rockin' music!! It was awesome! I don't have the set list, but it was one of the best sets I've heard them play. I didn't recognize Slash...LOL...I stll see him as he was back in the day with the curly long hair and the hat. Anyway, a trio of guitars on Hey, Joe - amazing!:b55::b55::b55:

I will send some pics to Marion to post.

Hey, I'm new here so howdy. I actually was looking for pix/setlists from last night at Cozys. OH SO AMAZING. I've only ever seen MC from the nosebleed section of giant arenas so it is still a shock to me that he is an actual humanoid, and not an ant. LOL. I don't usually have the best seats!

The DKs are my new obsession! I've been meaning to see them for years cuz I'm a TPHB fan but for some reason I always find out about the shows the day after, and as you know they are few & far between.

Anyhow that was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen anywhere! I don't think anybody can play like MC. He's el maestro as far as I'm concerned. And hearing that Big Jangle guitar in that teeny tiny venue was heaven.

I think the Beatles covers "She Said She Said & I Want You/She's So Heavy" were my fave, because I've never heard ANYBODY do those live. I am so clueless, when he brought up Slash he announced that there was "a young man who wants to play with the band" or some such nonsense, I'm like, "oh wow! That guy turns out to be a virtuoso! What are the chances." my friend who was with me goes, "HELLO! It's SLASH you dummy!" OMG....it WAS! LOL! I'm sure I was the ONLY one in the venue fooled by this ruse. The back and forth riffs in "Hey Joe" were phenom!

Hi Mudcrutchers!

Thanks guys! So without having to make you rehash too much, what are some of the venues you've seen DKs in?

Many years ago I attempted to see TP&HB at gosh....some Sunset Blvd. place, I think the Whiskey? And they were playing with Blondie, but humiliation of humiliation, my fake ID got rejected at the door. My friends and I crawled away to Ben Franks and cried in our tuna-melts (later to find out Ben Franks was part of HB lore - the phone booth they used as an 'office' when hitting town!)

I've seen them scheduled in Solana Beach but always such a bad time for a trip!

I actually live 5 minutes away from Cozy's....have they done that venue before? I hope they make a habit out of it!

SoHo's (Santa Barbara), The Joint (LA), The Mint (LA), Belly Up (Solana Beach), The Shack (Anaheim), The Coach House (Santa Barbara), Vinny's (Bakersfield), Sweetwater's (Mill Valley), DeLaGuerra Plaza (Santa Barbara), Toro Canyon (Santa Barbara), DiPiazza's (Long Beach), Monroe's (Hollywood), SLO Brewing Company (San Luis Obispo), JJ's (San Jose), Paladino's (LA)

They have also played at the The Blue Cafe, 14 Below, Pitcher House, Canyon Club