Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

First Part Tom Petty & Heartbreakers Tour Re-Routed

I know this sucks for all of us but think about it, guys.

Tom and the band know they fucked up and they're gonna have to make it up to us for these rescheduled shows.

Maybe they'll play longer? Maybe they'll do something special for us who got screwed.

I know it's a bad situation, but at least they aren't canceling. They want to play for us and they're gonna try to make it up.

At least they didn't go apeshit and just throw us all under the bus and cancel.

Tom and the band know they fucked up and they're gonna have to make it up to us for these rescheduled shows.

Maybe they'll play longer? Maybe they'll do something special for us who got screwed.

I know it's a bad situation, but at least they aren't canceling. They want to play for us and they're gonna try to make it up.

Rescheduling is like canceling for many people. There is no way they could make it up with a longer show, etc. if we won't be there.

Good point.

Shit, this is just an awful situation for everyone. I too was really looking forward to seeing them in just a few weeks.

I know we're all mad, but this is our favorite band, guys. We can't go off the deep end and swear off them forever.

This really does suck! At least I didn't have a flight scheduled, just a hotel room overnight in Charlotte, but what sucks even worse is the rescheduled dates for Raleigh and Charlotte are on my weekend to work! Now I have to try to get someone to switch or work in my place, and even if I do, what if they change the dates again? I really feel bad for those coming from other countries. It's a little late to change plans that quick!

I'm one who also is screwed on this--I have my plane ticket, hotel reservation, car rental, as well as every day looking so forward to going out to LA next month. Hollywood Bowl was on a Saturday which is the only way that a teacher can go to an out of town concert during the school year. The new date is on a Friday in October. THis means I'd have to take a day off school to go (totally against our contract!). I don't see why the release of the album should have anything to do with the tour's start. I remember when Mudcrutch came out--the tour had already started and the album had not been released. I know that TP & HB is a bigger release, but come on! We sure don't care that the album wouldn't be out yet.

I agree with the person who is worried about the boys' health, but I disagree with the statement, "They don't owe us an explanation." Well, I think they do. THe one they gave doesn't make sense. If there is another reason--they DO owe it to us. My loss is minor compared to the Australia person, and I truly feel for all those from out of the US. It's totally unfair. For all of us affected by this, it's a bigger loss than money if we are unable to attend the rescheduled show!

At least they didn't go apeshit and just throw us all under the bus and cancel.

Hope you're right Peter - really I do. I am the last one to turn on this band. Just remembering though, when they cancelled Knoxville in 2004 (after we got front row!) we were left holding airfares and non-refundable hotel tix. Nothing was done to remedy things, maybe a sorry on the website - I don't remember.

I was one of those fans effected by the Knoxville cancellation in 2004. I thought it was a rare thing to happen but here we are again. Still faithfully following this band and trusting. Here we are again. We must be stupid. We got no apology then, we will not get one now. This is just so wrong!!

Geez, I feel bad for all those who made plans that won't work now... The only good news I saw today was a second date for Philly... I passed up two sixth row seats in the presale for Philly 'cause they were on the wrong side (I was set on being on Mike's side..). Maybe I'll have another chance... sounds like I might be the only one there, though..

This is really upsetting! I'm so sorry to everyone who's juggling to rearrange plans. I don't understand why this move is necessary. Who cares that the album isn't out yet?!

I hope everyone is able to rework their plans. I'm so sorry!

Wow ! Never thought I'd be glad that I'm too poor to attend concerts anymore ! If I'd sunk that much into airfare and reservations, and wouldn't get every penny of it back, I would be steaming mad and yes, I'd expect the band's PR people to offer a better explanation.

I think I feel the worst about just not getting to see the band next month! I mean, I can pay United their $150 rescheduling fee and easily change my hotel and rental car and somehow try to figure out how to take the day off work to go to the rescheduled date, but I know that on May 22 I'll be despondant! I just poured a glass of wine!

:(

This reminds me of Knoxville all over again, except this involves 10 dates. Yes, the dates haven't been canceled all together, but for those who have taken vacation time from work that cannot be juggled and booked flights and hotels this really sucks.

I'm glad that I made the decision to sit this tour out. If the reasoning behind the delay is due to the release of a new album then I certainly hope that they junk the greatest hits theme that has plagued the last few tours and promote the snot out of the new album and the anthology album.

I just came back from the officials--I'll tell you---I LOVE the Farm. Here, everyone feels bad for those who are affected by this. Over there, most of the posts I saw are people happy because maybe now they can pick up tickets for the rescheduled shows because current ticket holders have to cancel! Can you believe it?

I really appreciate all of the support Farmers give each other. Thanks to all of you!

:)

Guitarstudent, you won't be alone in Philly. I will be at the first show and I will try for the second show as well.

Tampa, well, I am totally disheartened. I haven't called Southwest yet. But, Tee has me hopeful they'll work it out for me. I can cancel my vacation time at work that I had put in for that week. But, does all this matter? Aside from the Tampa show, this trip centered around spending time with so many of my dear friends here at The Farm. I can still make it in September, but I don't know about everyone else. I suspected it wouldn't be such a hot time for you, Amy. That bites! Waaaaa! I want to cry, but instead I shall drink more wine and try and relax. :085:

Sorry to all the fans negatively effected by these change of plans. My two shows are later on and not affected, but I was one of the fans holding front row tickets to Knoxville when that was cancelled, and boy was I bummed! It was horrible. Knoxville was shaping up to be a huge fan gathering, like the Tampa show this year, but it was completely cancelled, not rescheduled. The band did apologize to all affected, but that was all.

It probably is more than just the CD release date. In fact, I remember even with The Last DJ, they were touring before the CD was released.

Other bands do this from time to time, don't they? I always, figuratively, hold my breath until the date of a concert actually arrives because there is always a chance it will be cancelled or rescheduled. In fact, I would say TP&HB's have a long-standing above average record of keeping to their tour dates over the decades, but I could be wrong. It seems that way to me. But that's no comfort to those affected, I know. I'm really sorry guys.

September 19th is a Sunday. WTF? It would be halfway okay if it weren't during the school year.. Forget it.

Sucks for people who don't have a flexible work schedule or who work crazy shifts...

This whole thing is a mess for all involved...

^ Patty -

As far as Southwest goes, if you decide to cancel at anytime you can just bank your money and use it within a year. No need to even call them - it's standard procedure. We do it all the time.

I think I will be going to Florida in May as planned. September is probably doable but would be difficult at best with Marching Band and all. Would have to be a fly in/out trip with no staying which defeats the purpose for me.

Besides, Chris left the hurricane shutters open so I have to fly down and close them :(