Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

First Part Tom Petty & Heartbreakers Tour Re-Routed

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS RE-ROUTE BEGINNING OF NORTH AMERICAN TOUR, WILL ADD MORE SHOWS

MOJO WILL BE RELEASED ON JUNE 15

SECOND SHOW ADDED IN PHILADELPHIA, MORE ADDITIONAL SHOWS TO COME

TOUR NOW STARTS JUNE 5th IN OAKLAND

Due to a delay in the arrival of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ new album Mojo, it was announced today that the first 10 dates of the 2010 summer tour will be rescheduled in September and October.

The album will be released on Reprise Records on June 15. The band sincerely regrets any inconvenience caused and hope fans can make the rescheduled dates which are listed below.

Additionally, the tour will add additional dates including a second show at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on August 1 and others to be announced shortly. Further information for all additional shows including Highway Companions Club Presale information, will be announced soon, well before the show dates.

Tickets for the rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. Refunds are available at the point of purchase if desired. Complete ticket, tour and on sale information is available at the tour page.

Click here to read about Mojo, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers first studio album in 8 years.

Lots more information on Mojo will follow.

All dates between June 5 and August 27 will go on as planned.

Currently rescheduled dates are listed in italics below.

Sep 16 Tampa St. Pete Times Forum (w/TBD)

Sep 18 Raleigh Time Warner Cable Pavilion at Walnut Creek (w/TBD)

Sep 19 Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)

Sep 21 Dallas Superpages.com Center (w/TBD)

Sep 24 Houston Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (w/TBD)

Sep 26 Phoenix US Airways Arena (w/TBD)

Sep 28 San Diego Cricket Wireless Pavilion (w/TBD)

Oct 01 Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl (w/TBD)

Oct 02 Irvine Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)

**It has not yet been confirmed whether Joe Cocker will still appear as special guest on the rescheduled shows. More details to follow on this very soon.

***For customer service inquiries relating to tickets, please contact the ticketing site here:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html

Entire Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 2010 Tour information is available at the tour page.

Edited by Refugee
I never put SCREWED!

You know, I didn't want to jump on the money became king wagon, and all that BS, but for the first time ever, I am being disappointed by this band. Everything feels different to me about this tour. I don't think it's the band necessarily, I think its WB. I am disappointed that the band seems to be acquiescing to the money grubbers.

I know people are pissed about this, I would be too if I had made plans around the tour (which for the first time in the past 3 tours I didn't). However, something tells me this was out of the hands of the band. It more than likely came down to a business decision and, in this economy, that holds a lot more water.

I really hope that one of our boys isn't sick or something terrible that would necessitate part of the tour to be canceled and rescheduled.

I'd feel terrible if I was complaining and swearing off the band and then come to find out that someone was sick.

I can't imagine the band takes this lightly and I don't think they are intentionally "Screwing their fans."

They don't owe us any explanation at all. I really hope that there isn't something deeper to this....

^ that's what I was thinking petty4me.

I feel so bad for everyone who has flights/hotels booked and it seems odd that they would reschedule shows due to an album release....but there must be a good reason and I would think it's likely the band isn't happy about having to disappoint people. I was excited that the shows felt like they were right around the corner, but they aren't canceling the shows, just rescheduling them. It's a bummer but it sounds like they are going to honor the tickets or give refunds, if that's what you decide to do. I know it must be hard if you are traveling and I hope anyone who was excited to go to the shows doesn't let it affect the love for the band and the music.

Something really doesn't feel right about this. There has got to be a better reason for this than just the album is being released later.

I'm VERY sorry to those of you who get really screwed in this. I hope it works out for you guys somehow.

This is actually better for me because my show was right before finals weeks, and now it's at the beginning of the school year.

THANK GOD Southwest is so awesome. They'll change it without a fee. If the fare is higher, you pay the difference. Right now it is little more for fare in September to Tampa but I will check every week to see if it goes down and get a credit for future travel. Yes, they do that too. They are the best.

This really bites for people who can't get reservations refunded or are unable to reschedule.

When I saw that little bit quoted from Rolling Stone, posted in another thread, that Mojo wasn't coming out until June - I suspected this might happen. Bands just don't or can't have a major tour with unreleased songs anymore, so the album has to come out first, even if it's only by a few minutes.

On a happier note for us Californians - mayhaps we'll get compensated with a little Knobbin' :035:

I am so disapointed in this. We have so many people traveling for the Tampa show including Johni all the way from London.

If a band member is sick, they should just say so instead of letting fans think they just don't give a shit. Obviously they just don't give a shit about us little old fans.

Thank goodness for me that Tee still wants to come in September or I would be even more screwed since she has my ticket.

I can't believe this. This is so f@cked up. The bottom line is, Tom IS in contol of this trip. Tom has the last say. Tom????? WTF?!!!!!!!