Refugee

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Highway Companions Club - FAQs

1. PRESALE AND TICKET CODE INFO

Q - Do I have to be a TomPetty.com Subscriber to participate in the TomPetty.com 2010 Tour ticket presale?

A - Yes, this presale is only for members of the Highway Companions Club who have purchased a membership and who have not already completed their presale ticketing opportunity. If you are not currently a member, click here to subscribe. If you wish to renew your membership, click here to renew.

Q - When is the latest I can join The Highway Companions Club to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?

A - Anyone who is a current member of the Highway Companions Club with a valid presale access code can participate when ticket presales take place but those who have been members prior to February 25, 2010 get the earliest opportunity to enter the presale. 'A Group Members' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the presale, 'B Group Members' have access from the morning of Day 2. (More on priority groups below).

Q - How do I know what presale priority group I am?

A - There are 2 groups of members taking part in the presale and the email you receive with your presale code indicates which group you are in. Our A Group of longtime members have access from the first morning of the presale. Our B Group, who became paid members after the 2010 Tour details were announced on February 25, 2010, enter on the morning of the second day. Only after Day 3 does a public onsale begin. Please Note: We do not change your priority group. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of TomPetty.com when you sign in. (More on priority groups below).

Q - What is an Internet presale?

A - An Internet presale is an advance window to tour access tickets prior to the general public sale of the tickets.

Q - How do I gain access to the Highway Companions Club presale?

A - To gain access to the Highway Companions Club presale you will need your unique presale access code that has been allocated to you as an eligible current member of the Highway Companions Club. You will be notified of how and when to access the presale ticketing pages via email before the presale begins. The presale ticketing pages FOR EACH CONCERT will also be available via the Tours page of TomPetty.com once the presale for that concert has started.

Q - Where is my presale access code?

A - All current paid-up eligible members of the Highway Companions Club will be emailed (at the address they registered on the site with) details on how the presale works, including the unique presale access code they will need to use to take part by Tuesday, March 2. Eligible members will also be able to see this unique code on the Tours page when they log into TomPetty.com by Tuesday, March 2, the day before the presale begins (you must be logged in to view your unique presale access code).

Q - Does the presale start on the same day for all shows?

A - No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to see all the shows that have been announced and the presale start dates for each of our Subscriber groups – A and B Groups - on the Tours page of TomPetty.com.

Q - Do I have to buy my TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS presale tickets in a specific timeframe?

A – The Highway Companions Club is able to offer members the chance to access presale tickets in all price-ranges but as capacity in each category may be limited all presale tickets are sold on a 'first-come, first-served' basis. The presale window of access for each show will start before the public sale and the earlier you participate in the presale for the show(s) of your choice the more chance of getting a ticket.

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy during the presale?

A - With an active Highway Companions Club membership you are eligible to purchase up to six (6) tickets in total during the presale, and up to four (4) tickets for any single show.

Q - I used some, but not all, of my six-ticket allocation in the presale for the 2010 North American shows. Will my unique presale code still be valid to use in other 2010 shows?

A – Yes, you will be able to use your presale access code to complete your six (6) ticket allocation against 2010 shows.

Q - If I miss the presale for the show of my choice am I able to use my presale access code for public onsale tickets for that show?

A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show will go on sale to the general public. Your presale access code does not entitle you to any special access to tickets during the public onsale. The links to ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of TomPetty.com. If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in Highway Companions Club presales for alternative TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS 2010 concerts.

Q - How much do the Highway Companions Club presale tickets cost?

A - Any tickets purchased during the presale will cost the same as the tickets available during the public sale and any charges made by the local ticket vendors will also be the same. There are multiple price levels you will be able to choose from via the ticketing site. The Highway Companions Club presale privilege gives you advanced access to tickets, it does not provide you a discount on ticket prices or charges.

Q- How much are the Premium Mojo Ticket Packages?

A- The price of the package will be posted on the ticket site and will vary depending on the seat you wish to purchase.

2. TICKET PURCHASING

Q - Am I able to buy Highway Companions Club presale tickets over the telephone?

A - No. Highway Companions Club presale tickets are only available to purchase over the Internet via the local ticket vendor handling ticket sales for each of the shows.

Q - How do I enter my personal presale code to take part in the presale?

A -When the presale for your chosen show opens you will need to visit the online ticket vendor selling presale tickets for that show. On the presale ticketing page of the ticket vendor, there will be a box for you to enter your code. The links for the ticketing vendor presale pages will be sent to you via the registered email address that you provided to TomPetty.com. The links will also be available on the tour pages of TomPetty.com

Q - Once I have ordered will I receive an order confirmation?

A - Most ticket companies provide an online order reference number as confirmation of your purchase.

Q - If I have any questions concerning my purchase can I contact someone?

A - You must always contact the customer services of the ticket vendor from whom you made your purchase.

Q - Can I get replacement tickets if I lose my tickets?

A - Policy concerning lost tickets can vary from venue to venue so contact the customer service department of the ticket company you purchased from to discuss your options.

Q - Once I have purchased, when will I receive my tickets?

A - Tickets are sent out well in advance of the show. If you haven't received your tickets 7 days prior to your show please call the customer service department of the ticket vendor from whom you purchased your tickets.

Q - What forms of payment are accepted?

A - All major credit card types are accepted including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Diners Club.

Q - How do I know where my tickets will be located?

A - If you are buying seated tickets the the specific seating location can usually be viewed at the ticket site during transactions that are booked online.

Q - Am I able to cancel my tickets if I am unable to make the show?

A - There are no exchanges, refunds or cancellations.

Q - How can I purchase tickets for disabled access?

A - In North America you can click the accessible seating icon on the 'event detail' page, and fill out a form, which sends an email request to Ticketmaster's e-care for handling. The form contains a field to accept your access code.

Q - What happens if a show is rescheduled or cancelled?

A - Your tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date, but if you cannot attend the new date or the show is cancelled you will receive a refund.

Q - What if I am not happy with the tickets I purchased?

A - By completing a purchase for tickets you are in agreement that the seat locations you purchased are satisfactory. There are no exchanges, refunds or cancellations.

Q - Do the ticket sites have customer support?

A - Yes. The ticketing sites usually have customer support links listed clearly on their website.

3. INTERNET AND TECHNICAL TROUBLESHOOTING

Q - What if I do not receive an email or my unique access code?

A -

1. Please ensure that the email you have provided in your 'Profile' (which you find when you log-in to TomPetty.com) is easily accessible by you.

2. If you find you are not receiving emails from us on your email account, it may be because of SPAM blockers on your mail account. You need to check with your ISP to see if they have SPAM blocks, and if so ask them to remove TomPetty.com This will ensure that you do not miss this mail.

3. Your unique access code will also be available on the tour page when you log into TomPetty.com.

Q - What do I do if my personal presale code does not work?

A - 1. Check that the presale for your priority group has opened for the show that you are trying to purchase tickets for. You have been notified of your priority group - in the email containing your presale access code.

2. Check that you have entered your code correctly into the ticket vendor website. Your code is 10 characters long, contains NUMBERS and UPPERCASE LETTERS and begins with TPA or TPB. Please be sure to enter your code carefully. The codes are case-sensitive. If you are using 'copy & paste' to enter your code, please ensure that you have only copied the 10 characters of your code and that you have not included any spaces by accident. 3. Check you have not exceeded the ticket limit for your code. Each code is only valid for 6 tickets (in total) for up to four shows in North America.

4. If this does not resolve the problem, in order to contact the appropriate Customer Service Team, please follow the instructions given at the ticket vendor website that has rejected your code. TomPetty.com/Highway Companions Club customer services can be reached from the Help page.

Customer service information for each of the local vendors will be added in advance of pre-sale commencement.

If you have any questions prior to making your ticket purchase please refer to the TomPetty.com tour information page.

4. TOMPETTY.COM

Q – I am already a member of the Highway Companions Club. What do I need to know at this point in time?

A – The Highway Companions Club still exists but now lives on the new TomPetty.com. HighwayCompanions.com has been merged into TomPetty.com. As a member of the Highway Companions Club you will have access to benefits of TomPetty.com which are not available to non-members.

As you may know we have been extending memberships over the past several months to avoid fans having to pay for a membership renewal while there was relatively little Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers activity.

Now is the time for fans who joined the club or last renewed their membership prior to March 1, 2009 to pay for a renewal. If you fall into this category and don’t renew by Sunday, Feb. 28, you will not receive the new Highway Companion Club package, including presale access.

Q- What is the deal with the different presale groups? How do I know if I am in legacy Group A or Group B?

A- Any member who joined the club at any time prior to February 25, 2010 will be in the “Legacy Presale Group A.” Any member who has just joined the club, on or after February 25, 2010 will be in Presale Group B.

Q- My account says my membership is going to expire on February 28, 2010. What do I need to do in order to get the new package and participate in the presales?

A- You must renew your membership prior to February 28 to remain in Group A and participate in the presales.

Q- I have lost my old Highway Companion log in information, what do I do?

A- Click here and you can enter your username OR email address. You will receive an email with a link that will enable you to reset/change your password. Or, you can contact our customer service team and they can help. 1-800-767-7160 (US) or +1-916-414-2921 (International).

Q- If I am a member but did not renew in time and my membership expires, can I still participate in the upcoming presale?

A- Yes. If your paid membership has expired your account automatically converts to a ‘free account.’ You will keep the same login name, display name and password. When you log in with a free account, you will notice the ‘Upgrade’ link at the top of the page. You will need to click the Upgrade link. This will take you to the store where you can purchase a new membership. You will then be able to participate in the presales.

Q - What if I have questions or issues with one of my orders? (Customer Service issues).

A - If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact us:

1. Email orderhelp@fanfire.com.

2. Call our Customer Service at 1-800-767-7160 (US) or +1-916-414-2921 (international).

3. You can use the form on the right side of this page.

4. TOMPETTY.COM

Q – I am already a member of the Highway Companions Club. What do I need to know at this point in time?

A – The Highway Companions Club still exists but now lives on the new TomPetty.com. HighwayCompanions.com has been merged into TomPetty.com. As a member of the Highway Companions Club you will have access to benefits of TomPetty.com which are not available to non-members.

As you may know we have been extending memberships over the past several months to avoid fans having to pay for a membership renewal while there was relatively little Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers activity.

Now is the time for fans who joined the club or last renewed their membership prior to March 1, 2009 to pay for a renewal. If you fall into this category and don’t renew by Sunday, Feb. 28, you will not receive the new Highway Companion Club package, including presale access.

Q- What is the deal with the different presale groups? How do I know if I am in legacy Group A or Group B?

A- Any member who joined the club at any time prior to February 25, 2010 will be in the “Legacy Presale Group A.” Any member who has just joined the club, on or after February 25, 2010 will be in Presale Group B.

Q: Which Highway Companions Club members are In Presale Group A?

A: Presale Group A is for every current Highway Companions member in good standing who joined the club at any time prior to the 2010 Tour announcement (February 25, 2010).

If you have previously been a member of the club at any point in time, but have renewed your membership after the tour announcement, you are still in Group A.

Q: How do I know if I need to renew my membership?

A: Any member who has not renewed their membership since March 1, 2009 needs to renew now to participate in the new offer, including the tour presales.

Q: Why don’t members who last renewed or joined the club for the first time after March 1, 2009 need to renew again now?

A: Because the club does not want to charge fans for a membership twice in a year.

Q: Which Highway Companions Club members are in Presale Group B?

A: Any fan who joined the club for the first time after the February 25 tour and album announcement.

Q - Why are there two Presale Groups?

A - The Highway Companions Club wants to give long time fans the first crack at presale tickets, ahead of members who just joined the club after the 2010 tour and album announcement.

Q - My account says my membership is going to expire on February 28, 2010. What do I need to do in order to get the new package and participate in the presales?

A- You must renew your membership prior to February 28 to remain in Group A and participate in the presales.

Q - I have lost my old Highway Companion log in information, what do I do?

A- Click here and you can enter your username OR email address. You will receive an email with a link that will enable you to reset/change your password. Or, you can contact our customer service team and they can help. 1-800-767-7160 (US) or +1-916-414-2921 (International).

Q - If I am a member but did not renew in time and my membership expires, can I still participate in the upcoming presale?

A- Yes. If your paid membership has expired your account automatically converts to a ‘free account.’ You will keep the same login name, display name and password. When you log in with a free account, you will notice the ‘Upgrade’ link at the top of the page. You will need to click the Upgrade link. This will take you to the store where you can purchase a new membership. You will then be able to participate in the presales.

Q - What if I have questions or issues with one of my orders? (Customer Service issues).

A - If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact us:

Edited by Refugee

Q: Which Highway Companions Club members are In Presale Group A?

A: Presale Group A is for every current Highway Companions member in good standing who joined the club at any time prior to the 2010 Tour announcement (February 25, 2010).

If you have previously been a member of the club at any point in time, but have renewed your membership after the tour announcement, you are still in Group A.

^This is particularly encouraging sounding. Dare I be optimistic?

hmmm -

this sounds really good - IF they have accurately kept track of who those people are. My worry here still is that many of us paid $45 so hopefully that does not automatically put us in the category of first-timers

I am with you, Amy. I plan to call Monday to ask again. I have my 2008 membership email. Of course, I guess that would mean nothing to them if their system is screwed up.

I think we need to barrage them again on Monday. They've got to get this straight and give us enough notice to fix the problems before Wednesday.

Also, they gave me my code when I called today, but don't have any information about what group I am in. I thought that was interesting.

This is seriously f*cked up! I am a "legacy member," but when I clicked on that to renew, it wouldn't let me! I went out and back in a number of times, thinking it would somehow "fix" it. Yeah, right. Should have known better.

NOWHERE does it say what group I am, so as of right now, I have NO idea WHEN I can buy tickets. :mad:

We'll definitely have to barrage them on Monday. I'm happy to read the updated FAQs, but I'm not entirely confident things will run smoothly after all the glitches and anomalies from Thursday when the tour was announced. The $40 vs. $45 thing, logging in and logging out...some people being able to renew as legacy members whereas others couldn't. Just too many inconsistencies to make me feel comfortable or optimistic just yet.

I plan on calling Fanfire tomorrow yet again and reading them the updated version of the FAQs. Also, I hope they are able to tell us that we are in fact in Group A. Because if there is more troubleshooting to be had, it shouldn't be just before the presale. We're liable to all go into cardiac arrest if that's the case, lol.

Did I read somewhere how much the Superhighway package tickets were? I could have sworn I read $250 somewhere but I can't find it now.

Good luck on the phone with those guys today, everyone. I just don't have it in me this time for the fight. I'll just see how it goes on sale day. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to do Tampa. We'll see.

Good luck on the phone indeed - I tried a few times and hung up after being on hold for more than 20 minutes. Guess I just don't have the patience to be a Tom Petty fan anymore!

You know Nancy many of us seem to have lost interest this time round. Sad but true. The ticket buying business for this band is horrendous and always has been, everything is made way more complicated then it should be.

I've noticed that there are the usual few that are planning between 5-10 shows or so, but mainly, us old "die-hards" are feeling like, well ok, enough is perhaps enough now, other things in life to think about and plan and save to do.

Plus this tour was sprung on us pretty quickly this time and the ticket sales also came up incredibly fast. The dates for the most part are crap too, nothing seems to have worked out for alot of us this time.

Did I read somewhere how much the Superhighway package tickets were? I could have sworn I read $250 somewhere but I can't find it now.

Good luck on the phone with those guys today, everyone. I just don't have it in me this time for the fight. I'll just see how it goes on sale day. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to do Tampa. We'll see.

You mean the Mojo package?

Q- How much are the Premium Mojo Ticket Packages?

A- The price of the package will be posted on the ticket site and will vary depending on the seat you wish to purchase.

$250 would be sweet, even if it's the low end. I don't like not knowing until sale day exactly what tickets and packages are going to cost - sometimes it can be a shocker. Those of us whose presales are later than the 3rd will have some idea at least.

It's possible you saw it Marion, and they pulled it. I noticed they also changed the SoCal presale dates on the tour page from March 15 (iirc), to TBA.

I hope they do get the memberships straightened out for you legacy folks. That would only be fair.

Personally I am disappointed that they cut off on the day I joined, which I am sure was deliberate to help current members. But like I said, I was advised to wait until a tour was announced before joining. I was even going to join when the Super Highway tour started online last fall, but the memberships were closed indefinitely, and I didn't know they were open again until the day I joined on the 25th.

Will everything work the same way ordering from Sweden? There must be an extra charge for shipping, right? This is all so confusing. I don’t even know what arenas I should attend, but I think I want to go to the NY shows. How do I know if there’s a lawn or seats in front of the stage?

Well I *tried* to call Fanfire this morning. They had me on hold for 25 minutes! I had to eventually hang up because I'm at work and could only call from my cell phone. I hope I can call again later. I'd never waited so long; they must be getting hammered with phone calls now.

You know Nancy many of us seem to have lost interest this time round. Sad but true.

I've noticed that there are the usual few that are planning between 5-10 shows or so, but mainly, us old "die-hards" are feeling like, well ok, enough is perhaps enough now, other things in life to think about and plan and save to do.

Although money is an issue for us right now, I would be willing to spend money on this tour if they were playing a venue like the Las Vegas Hard Rock or something else semi-intimate. However, an arena show is simply not worth it to me at this point, especially since we die-hards all know that the setlist rarely varies much from tour to tour.

Will everything work the same way ordering from Sweden? There must be an extra charge for shipping, right? This is all so confusing. I don’t even know what arenas I should attend, but I think I want to go to the NY shows. How do I know if there’s a lawn or seats in front of the stage?

All venues have seat maps and other information, do a search to find the venue's website and you should find all the information you need.

I can only afford one show, so out of the 3 SoCal shows, I would like to get to go to the Hollywood Bowl - which I've never been to - but it's also going to have the stiffest competition to get tickets for.