Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

The Tour Announcement and Dates are Up!!!

Just got off the phone with Fanfire, AGAIN. Spoke to a very sweet operator. She couldn't do much for me, but she told me that over 3000 disgruntled Tom Petty fans have called in today regarding this Group A vs. Group B issue.

She said that her supervisors, along with upper management, would be notified.

If people are wodering about the B in their promo code denoting what group they are in then I'd be curious to see what Nurk's code was and what Normandi's code was (because he said he renewed a few days ago) so if their's are different then maybe it refers to the group you are in otherwise I would't look into that random B letter too much? Only saying that because according to who I talked to if membership hadn't yet expired and you renewed you will be in catergory A...not sure how much help my thoughts are though since it sounds like we all have been given varying info.

I want to apologize for being upset earlier - whether I'm in the 20th of 80th row - it will be so much fun to see these guys again... I am so thankful they are touring.

Although I think the ticketing system is complicated and trememndously out of the ordinary - especially in these economic trying times - I still will be there at the concert matter what.

Once again i apologizze - this is such great news.

we usually see a presale code the day before, sometimes even hours before the onsale.

Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't really keep checking the website every 5 minutes. I'm busy! I sure hope we get plenty of advance notice about all this stuff.

I really hope I get an email soon with a presale code - I bought my membership a couple of months ago, so I'm too 'new' to be able to 'renew' - I think that means I'm in Group A - but I have not seen a presale code as of yet.

Out of curiousity, you signed up for the first time a couple of months ago?

And as far as we can tell you will be a legacy member and people that have been paid members for years, but let them lapse for a few months will not? I'm not putting you down, just trying to clarify.

^ ^ ^

I've been seeing their shows in Toronto since 1995, I can't remember the packages I've bought, but I have spent tons and tons of money on this band, trust moi.

Mucho, mucho money, just about every time they offer something online, and of course the full she-bang for the Superhighway Tour - etc.... - like many of you fans who have been in it for the long haul, I didn't want to let my membership 'lapse' - so I paid the bucks in the fall, even after all the money spent on the Super....Hwy tour. $ $ $

Edited by peacesmile
added more

^That's right. But does it make a difference with respect to the packages?

That's what I wanna know as well and does it have an effect on the seating if I buy more than one packages with one ticket?

When I sign to the Fan Club, it says "Renew Your Paid Membership". Does this mean I had a paid membership? Cause I don't know. How do I know when my membership, if I had a paid one, would expire?

Sorry, if I sound like some silly dumb-bell, but I wanna be sure I make the best out of my situation.

Edited by MJ§LastDance

I'm just waiting for the presale email. I wish I would have not procrastinated so long about getting a membership. I would have been in group A. Oh well, at least I can still get presale tix.

I was going to join 2 years ago just after the last tour because my tix sucked, but someone advised me that there wasn't much point in joining until the next tour was announced. Oh well, who knew?

I tried to renew my membership-it expires Feb 28, 2010, but I get the message that I can't renew because the expiration date has to be within 30 days? Somebody needs a math class! No matter how hard they try there always seems to be chaos with these tours!

Could I interest an "A" in getting me a ticket when they get theirs? Hollywood Bowl, San Diego, or (cringes) Irvine would be uber cool. :1luvu:

A friend actually did this for me to get tickets to the United Palace Theater in November. I have terrible luck getting tickets, but I think it's because of the latency issue in having a satellite connection.

Btw, will we know how much tickets cost before the presale starts?

just a thought. if we do get tix in the mail and help someone out, that also means scalpers will get them somehow!!! there must be a new plan in place by live nation to stop the scalpers? i'm thinking that the tix will be scanned at the door and then you have to show your ID to get in!!!!! so if i buy tix to a show that i'm not going to and pass them out, you would need my ID to get in.