Sign in to follow this  
Mudcrutch

Dirty Knobs Vinyl!!!

hey ref, been checking out cartrages and there are a ton of places on the net. seems that some of these SL1200's have diff cart's, so i need the make of cart and all #'s on it. so far i found cart's from $18 to hundreds! 1 site even has jukebox cart's marion.

hey ref, been checking out cartrages and there are a ton of places on the net. seems that some of these SL1200's have diff cart's, so i need the make of cart and all #'s on it. so far i found cart's from $18 to hundreds! 1 site even has jukebox cart's marion.

It used to be so easy...

Just get the 'Extra Loud' ones.

67102.jpg

Got mine too - now I just need to figure out how I'm going to play it. My circa 1975 turntable doesn't feel like spinning at the right speed anymore. I guess I don't spin just right anymore either, but that's beside the point. ;-)

I need to solve this because my new "Live 'Leg" vinyl from the box set is staring at me also.

It's an old belt drive BIC model 981 turntable. It was an early one with the strobe on it. I see that I can get a new belt and motor on eBay for a total of about $50. I should probably do it. I haven't priced out a new turntable but a good one has got to be a lot more than that. I can't remember what I paid for this one all those years ago, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cheap one.

It's an old belt drive BIC model 981 turntable. It was an early one with the strobe on it. I see that I can get a new belt and motor on eBay for a total of about $50. I should probably do it. I haven't priced out a new turntable but a good one has got to be a lot more than that. I can't remember what I paid for this one all those years ago, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cheap one.

I wouldn't buy a new one cheaper than my AT-PL120, and it's around $250, unless you just use it occaisionally. It's also fully manual - you'd have to spend hundreds more to find a new one with auto return (pretty dumb, huh?).

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DsQBqugLNTK/learn/reviews/20040224/turntable_review.html

I had one like this in high school and college, still miss it:

Pioneer PL-518 Direct Drive Turntable w/ Auto Return

I'd bid on this one if it had been fully tested. I'm a little leery when the seller says the arm doesn't quite lift as high as it should. It has a "buy it Now" of $49.99.

I'm still waiting on my 45s. C'mon post office!!!!