Sign in to follow this  
Square One

Benmont - Keyboard Magazine

Thanks Square One.

Love this thought of his...

"What I think is really important, and something that Matisse and Bo Diddley had, is the idea that you’re still young in the sense that you’re still present. You’re still spirited. Your best days are not behind you. This is still new and exciting to you."

Benmont speaks such poetry.

I also love this one from Benmont...

"These are people that I learn from every time I play with them. And outside of that, Dave Rawlings, Gillian Welch, Jon Brion, Sean and Sara Watkins, Fiona Apple, who’s remarkable — these are people that just bring my heart alive, and that I listen to and I go blind, and I fall into that space where everything disappears.

I wish he had a website so we would know where he is going to turn up next - most likely not in Texas - but that is why there are planes and trains and Grey Hound buses. I would love to see Benmont interviewed on Elvis Costello's show.

Thank you Square One and SingsInFrench.

I remember something awhile back about Benmont being on the cover of the November issue, and following the link, I remember those delightful videos. But I don't think the article was there.

Part of the Benmont mystique is not knowing where he'll show up!

(yeah, I wish he had some kind of online site, too)

That's really nice. Great cover! I love that quote.....these are people that just bring my heart alive, and that I listen to and I go blind, and I fall into that space where everything disappears.

That is exactly how I feel about Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Dirty Knobs and Jason Sinay.

Its great fun to play 'Where's Benmont?' - he just keeps popping up on all kinds of albums. You probably have some at home and don't even know he's there yet LOL!

At least that happens to us. The last time was last weekend when played the Avett Brothers I and Love and You. (Love it so much I 'stole' the CD from our house and listened to it on the way to work this morning in the car.)

We had no idea he was on the CD until we were listening to it at home last weekend and something about the sound stimulated Athena to look at the fine print and what do you know? LOL! There was Benmont.

Its always wonderful when old friends stop by unexpectedly and join the party.