Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs Live at Cozy's -12/11 & 12/12 UPDATE

I think they were just trying to make the food too fancy and not varied enough. I was too excited to eat a big meal, had traveled hours to get there and by the time I got there for dinner it was 11:00 at night to me since I'm from Florida. I had a great table and felt bad not to order after I had made the reservations but I just wasn't hungry so I told the waitress to forget the dinner and just put it on my bill. I'd just pay for it. I had a couple of glasses of wine and I was happy. Raelin did the same thing. It was well worth it to us.

I had a table, ordered food and eat some of it. Not that the food was bad. I liked it - but I was too excited to eat. I hope they won't be sold out though if you don't make a reservation.....

A completely fictitious Cozy's Special DK Themed Menu:

Starters:

1. 'Balls Off' home made Matzoh Ball soup with chicken, celery, tomatoes.

2. 'Shrimp Boat' Shrimp salad on an avocado half shell. Served with crabs on the side.

Entrees:

1. 'Loaded Gun' musical instrument shaped chicken tenders served with a side of red hot sauce, blue cheese dressing and a dill pickle.

2. 'Feed The Snake' Cajun sausage coiled to look like a snake swallowing a mouse. Served on 'dirty rice'. Mouse consists of a crab stuffed shrimp.

3. 'Above Water' Fresh Mussels served in a coconut milk curry sauce with a side of crisp bread slices.

Desserts:

1. 'Humdinger' Banana Split with Hazelnut ice cream and whipped cream topping.

2. 'Shake These Blues' Blueberry Shake.

3. 'Knock You Off' Irish Coffee.

Edited by Relic

Just trying to do my part for Rock and Roll Gastronomy. Its been a woefully neglected subject ever since that Great 'Free Bird' roasted free range chicken disaster back in '86. Who knew chickens couldn't fly? :eek:

(Well, I did think the Shrimp Boat starter was a work of pure evil genius)

Edited by Relic

Schmutzige Knopfe. LOL That's a good translation!! (How do you do the German (Swedish) o with dots?)

You got a shiny new Mac didn't you? And assuming you are running OS X:

In the upper right corner of your screen, next to the magnifying glass, there is probably a US Flag (or the flag of the language you primarily use with your Mac).

Click on it and choose the character palette. Under View, pick Roman, make sure by Category is highlighted, and scroll down the left column until you see à Accented Latin. Pick the letter you want and click on Insert in the lower left. It will insert the character you've chosen into your typing field. Voilà!

voila.jpg

I hope everyone who goes has an amazing time. For those of you needing to travel:

Southwest is offering a sale that expires 10/29/09 at 11:59pm PST

Good for flights between

- Dec 2, 2009 ~ Dec 16, 2009

- Jan 5, 2010 ~ Feb 10, 2010

One Way Prices

Up to 374 Miles - $25

Up to 549 Miles - $50

Up to 999 Miles - $75

1000+ Miles - $100

http://www.southwest.com/

^ If you go to the same drop down and scroll down to "Internatioanl..." it will open a preference pane and there is an option to change your keyboard to Swedish, Swedish - Pro, and Swedish Sami - PC.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread!