Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs Live at Cozy's -12/11 & 12/12 UPDATE

YAY! Great to see them going out again! I so wish I could go but I'll be visiting my granddaughters in Oklahoma that weekend. I know anyone who can go will have a great time!

I wonder if Jason will play Greensleeves again.

i was thinking of that marion, he would love to see them. i'll bring it up to him when we talk later today. i know we can basically stay across the street from cozy's, but i'm partial to the castle, and would want him to see all the places in hollywood that we've seen. hopefully something will work out. btw, is romeo delta opening for these 2 shows?

"the newly remodeled Cozy's"

That's interesting. I wonder if it was a substantial remodel.

I don't want to get all negative, but I would like to remind folks that there was some grousing in June by management, about people reserving coveted tables for dinner, but then not ordering a meal. Hopefully, they won't feel compelled to charge extra to compensate for that this time. We are lucky to be able to enjoy the Knobs in such a "Cozy" atmosphere for what is one of the best places to see them, imho anyway.

^ i understand that, i've been there a few times and see no one at the tables eating. i've been lucky enough to sit at these tables, not cuz i booked one, but was invited to sit there by other farmers that booked and ate. being an italian, i just couldn't eat a bbq meatball, that does not compute.....lol

That's interesting. I wonder if it was a substantial remodel.

I don't want to get all negative, but I would like to remind folks that there was some grousing in June by management, about people reserving coveted tables for dinner, but then not ordering a meal. Hopefully, they won't feel compelled to charge extra to compensate for that this time. We are lucky to be able to enjoy the Knobs in such a "Cozy" atmosphere for what is one of the best places to see them, imho anyway.

maybe more people would eat if the food wasn't 1) ridiculously overpriced and 2) crap.

I remember when my buddy and I went to see them in June, we noticed the big C in the window. You know the signs that grade how clean the establishment is?

Not an A.

Not a B.

A C.

That pretty much killed our hopes of eating there.

But hey, they have a FANTASTIC soundstage and it's a nice little place for MC and the gang to play.

I'm usually kind of keyed up before a gig - too excited to relax and fully enjoy a meal. At SOhO I had to scarf down the meal in a few seconds when the band arrived on the stage sooner than I expected one time. I just dislocated my jaws and swallowed it whole like a snake LOL! Paid for it later though.

And once at Cozy's we had to place two or three dinners on one of those little tables and eat before the gig - It was Cozy, thats for sure, but I think I whiplashed my tablemates with noodles. That time the food was OK but the last gig there we had the dinner and it was really disappointing. They just didn't seem to be prepared.

If I eat there this time I think I might stick to a Cozy's Burger. No noodles and its too big to fall into my camera bag :)

I second the motion for Roscoe's, at least on Saturday. Relic and I will be rushing in traffic after work for the Friday show. The last time they had a prix fix menu you were forced to order that was $35! It was pretty hideous.