Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

"The Live Anthology"

Pre-order available on Amazon.

No word yet on the deluxe set:

The Live Anthology (4 CD) [bOX SET]

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers (Artist)

More about this product

List Price: $24.98 Price: $22.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details You Save: $1.99 (8%) Special Offers Available

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title will be released on November 24, 2009.

Pre-order now!

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Product Details

• Audio CD (November 24, 2009)
  • Number of Discs: 4
  • Format: Box set
  • Note on Boxed Sets: During shipping, discs in boxed sets occasionally become dislodged without damage. Please examine and play these discs. If you are not completely satisfied, we'll refund or replace your purchase.
  • Label: Reprise Records
  • ASIN: B002P4VUNU
  • Amazon.com Sales Rank: #844 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)

Edited by SingsInFrench
additional information

Thanks for the link beebee.

It left me both breathless in anticipation, and anxious.

While I find it a huge plus that they are releasing a blu-ray disc with the CDs, there's no way I can shell out $200 for a Blu-ray player right now, along with the deluxe set - no matter how reasonably priced. And is this going to bork Mac optical drives like Sony's 'copy-protected' CDs did a few years back?

Well, it's been about time for the live-album. I remember an interview in Rolling Stone in 2006, even before the release of Highway Companion, in which TP talked about working on a live-disc. But I'm surprised they made such a big project out of it. And I'm all excited about it! It's great that they did something unique in 1) doing a box-set of live-recordings only, 2) including covers and 3) choosing songs from 30 years.

Excellent! :003:

Just thinking about all the videos I have collected over the years and what they could have included in the box set. Take the Highway comes to mind. I wish they would have included that one, or at least re-release it. That's one of my favorites! I have the official VHS tape and it's been converted to DVD but would LOVE a nice clean official remastered version.

Athena and I actually saw a couple young ladies attempting to use the back stage pass laminates from the Playback Box Set at the Devore California TP&HB show in '06. It was quite laughable.

Can't really blame them for trying, but Mud is right, it doesn't work and lacks any true originality :)

If you want to interact with the band, just carry a 'Girl on LSD' sign to 20 or so shows and the band might actually play it! :) You can't ask for more than that and you won't get tossed! LOL

Edited by Relic