Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

"The Live Anthology"

i don't think so. this set is already in production and being ready for release. IF there will be a tour, then it would be in the planning stages now for 2010. it takes a long time to plan tours today. no longer are the days that planning a tour takes booking venues, flights and security. a tour today also includes tons of people to film it, producers and directors, lighting crews, stage hands, sound engineers and my fav, guitar techs! all this costs a fortune and takes time to pull together. so don't look for a new tour to be included on this set, it just can't happen at this point.

Ok, what I read from the text about the Live Anthology is, that they are going to tour before it will come out because on the fourth disc will be material from an upcoming tour. Is that right or is there something I don´t get??? :confused:

"...Tickets for the entire 8 week SuperHighway Tour will go onsale soon and the the Tour will start with a FREE PREVIEW including a FREE DOWNLOAD from The Live Anthology..."

Sorry MJ. The Superhighway Tour is a digital download event over the internet (superhighway). I thought the same thing when I first glanced at it, and my heart jumped into my throat. But no such luck. It's just another option of buying "The Live Anthology". The advantage is that you get half of the songs early over 8 weeks before the CDs and vinyl albums are released.

Sorry MJ. The Superhighway Tour is a digital download event over the internet (superhighway). I thought the same thing when I first glanced at it, and my heart jumped into my throat. But no such luck. It's just another option of buying "The Live Anthology". The advantage is that you get half of the songs early over 8 weeks before the CDs and vinyl albums are released.

Alright. :icon_neutral:

I´m still hoping for a summer tour next year. That´s could be possible.

And at least I know now how I´ll react if they actually announce a tour. Haha!

I think I get the differences in the deluxe set - the DVDs are video, and the Blu ray disc has the tracks on the CDs in uncompressed audio - "256 times more audio resolution than a CD".

A friend gave me some interesting information on the what they are telling us about the vinyl:

"24/96 stands for 24-bits/96KHz. It means that the digital signal that represents the analog audio is composed of 96000 samples per second per channel and that each sample has a resolution of 24 bits. Compared to regular audio CD (16-bits/44.1KHz), a 24 bits sample is 65536 times more precise than that of a CD and there are more than twice as many samples. Put differently, a 16 bits CD sample can only represent an analog signal with 65536 different levels while 24 bits allow to represent that signal with over 16 million levels. Compared to 24/96 high-resolution digital audio, a 16-bits/44.1K CD represents only 30% of the resolution. It's like the definition of the signal was cut by 2/3 leaving only 1/3 of it."

http://www.birdland.com/papers/DACFAQ.html#1.3

I like the vinyl, so I'll be getting that one, and will forego the video until I can afford a Deluxe set another day.

The digital "Superhighway Tour" is tough. I have to wonder how many people will get that because they can't wait, then get a physical set for the quality. A couple years ago, I'd have done it myself, but I can't possibly afford to do it now.

"The digital "Superhighway Tour" is tough. I have to wonder how many people will get that because they can't wait, then get a physical set for the quality. A couple years ago, I'd have done it myself, but I can't possibly afford to do it now."

^ That's what's going to be hard, waiting the 8 WEEKS! I want the CDs & DVDs, but I won't like waiting. :(

The Waiting may indeed be the hardest part but I, like many other fans here, have waited so long that I'm kinda getting used to it. The box set is what I have my eye on but there is one thing the Superhighway Tour seems to offer that the other options do not...the Superhighway Merch Booth. Yeah, more merch means more money but I gotta admit, I'm a big sucker for TP merch and I really don't mind lining Tom's pockets in return for everything he has done for me.

Here is the quote from the Superhighway link/site

"Your ticket gives you access to the Superhighway Merch Booth, with exclusive merch available every week!

My questions include the following;

1. Will this merch be available to anyone?

2. Will this merch be available to members of the Highway Companion Club?

3. Will this merch be available to only the "ticket holders?"

4. Will there be 8 different items for sale for each of the eight weeks?

5. Will non ticket holders be able to at least veiw the merch offered?

6. If I don't buy a ticket, are there any members here that will buy a ticket and offer the rest of us merch by proxy?

7. The first time I heard the word "merch" was just recently in the movie The Hangover. Am I going to start using the word "merch" in everyday speech?

My brain is reeling with all of these questions now and I'm getting tired. I think I'll hit the sack now and dream of TP merch.

Sweet dreams to all,

Jackaroo

I think I'll just have to live vicariously through the folks who go for the superhighway option. I have a feeling that this will either be very rewarding or very disappointing.

The audio's the thing; I'll forgo the gift wrap, and opt for the quality. I haven't got a Blu-ray player, but I've got a turntable - and a new appreciation of the difference between 24/96 and 16/44.

1. Will this merch be available to anyone?

no

2. Will this merch be available to members of the Highway Companion Club?

unclear, but no as of now

3. Will this merch be available to only the "ticket holders?"

Yes

4. Will there be 8 different items for sale for each of the eight weeks?

not enough info on that

5. Will non ticket holders be able to at least veiw the merch offered?

I almost guarantee it

6. If I don't buy a ticket, are there any members here that will buy a ticket and offer the rest of us merch by proxy?

Probably :003:

7. The first time I heard the word "merch" was just recently in the movie The Hangover. Am I going to start using the word "merch" in everyday speech?

Hopefully not

there is one thing the Superhighway Tour seems to offer that the other options do not...the Superhighway Merch Booth. Yeah, more merch means more money but I gotta admit, I'm a big sucker for TP merch

My brain is reeling with all of these questions now and I'm getting tired. I think I'll hit the sack now and dream of TP merch.

Sweet dreams to all,

Jackaroo

LOL!

I noticed they said "ticket holders." Don't you have to be a "ticket buyer" first before you're a ticket holder? Is this sneak preview a (no cost) incentive for buyers to go digital, or are we going to be expected to spend money for the privilege of spending more money? Just wondering.