Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

"The Live Anthology"

Gosh, it's been so long since I have been over there to the officials. I just tried to go there to read up on this new launching of the site business and it won't go any further than the blank black screen. Doesn't bring up any links etc.

Hmmm, maybe they're working on it? :confused:

Everything works for me in Safari. You guys may want to run Software Update in your preferences, could be a Safari, Flash, or another issue with outdate software or security.

Seeing that my home connection chokes on myspace and youtube, I have a bad feeling about how this site is going to render there. Gald I have dsl at work. For a few more weeks anyhow.:085:

I just went to the official site and it has ( seems to ) alot to offer.

Plus they're promising more. If any of you fellow farmers make it there, I'll be known as Timflyte over there. I seen some of the same names there that are here. Is that any farmers or just other people ? I changed my name there cause of my band Flyte'66, and it makes it easier to remember. Does anyone have a songlist for the new set yet ?

I just went to the official site and it has ( seems to ) alot to offer. Plus they're promising more.

What are you seeing that I am missing?

Does anyone have a songlist for the new set yet ?

Nothing posted yet, but with it coming out soon it won't be long before it is.

That's weird. Before, windows were opening up over the splash page, now they are opening in separate windows.

Oh, wait. If you stretch the Splash page window out, so all 3 thumbnail links appear at the bottom, it opens them over the splash page. Interesting, ummmm, feature.

:) Guess there's gonna be a few bugs to work out. :)

This sounds interesting. My first thought was if they contacted Marion to make sure they got all the best live cuts available (because she certainly has the best collection that I know of).

Will you get all the same things if you wait until the release of the actual set if you do not get the advance ticket for downloads and extras? For some reason, things that I download through the internet never seem to sound as good as the actual CD when I have bought a track or two and then decide to buy the CD. It probably says that somewhere on their site, but I actually don't have the time to read every detail this week.

I think the Live Anthology looks very promising. This is from the email I got:

Along with powerful interpretations of their own classic hits and originals, The Live Anthology features the band tackling some of their best-loved cover material, from classics to obscure beauties to unexpected adaptations. The theme from TomPetty.com Announcing 'The Live Anthology'Goldfinger, the Zombies’ “I Want You Back Again,” the Grateful Dead’s “Friend of the Devil,” early Fleetwood Mac’s “Oh Well,” Booker T. and the MGs “Green Onions”, James Brown’s “Good, Good Lovin’” and many more. The Live Anthology is the band’s story told through the music alone; the producers made no fixes or overdubs.

I'm excited! We do have a lot of these tracks but the ones on the Anthology will be crisp and perfect! Our boots are great but this is something I have always wished they would do. I'm very happy to see they are finally releasing a great live collection. I will buy the deluxe set for sure. I'll probably end up with everything they offer because I like to collect it all. Fingers crossed it will be what I'm hoping for and not just a Greatest Hits collection.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/shepard-fairey,28943/

"But now that my art does well, I’m transitioning away from that. I have a couple of commercial projects that I want to do, like a Tom Petty 30-year box-set cover. I listened to him when I was a kid, so it’s not like I’m doing it for the money; I’m doing it because I’m a fan. "

Good for him. Wish someone had told him to rotate that graphic a few degrees, though.

Love my cranberry T anyhow. Best concert shirt I ever had.

I love Tom and all, but I have to agree with the majority here. The cover should definitely be the whole band. Also, apart from that, have you ever noticed (I don't know how anyone cannot), this cover and the BULK of pictures of Tom used for promotional stuff (t shirts, etc) are of him from 25 years ago? LOL! I mean, I like how I looked 25 years ago versus now, but it's just hysterical to me. :icon_laugh: