Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

"The Live Anthology"

My birthday is in November!

I thought I had the newest issue of RS but it's the one with the Beatles on the cover. It hasn't come yet, darn it. I'll scan the article and post it when it comes in or maybe whoever gets if first can scan it and send it to Ryan to post.

I can't believe we have to read about a new release in Rolling Stone!! Why wouldn't they be excited enough to tell the fans on the official site? It's typical though. lame.bmp

Again from the officials:

TPHBInfo

Hey Everyone,

We're thrilled to hear all the positive response to the upcoming Live Anthology release.

We had wanted to get you guys the news first but Rolling Stone unexpectedly beat us to the punch.

We'll be posting information about the album and some really cool things we're doing surrounding the release tomorrow (Thursday 9/3) at 11am PST/2pm EST.

This info will be posted on the brand new TomPetty.com, also launching at 11am PST/2pm EST tomorrow.

You will see tomorrow that there are many elements to this release and we are sure that you will have some questions. We'll be issuing an FAQ in the coming weeks which will hopefully answer many of them and be assured that we will be releasing all available information as soon as it is finalized.

Best wishes, all.

TPHBInfo

Hey Everyone,

We're thrilled to hear all the positive response to the upcoming Live Anthology release.

We had wanted to get you guys the news first but Rolling Stone unexpectedly beat us to the punch.

We'll be posting information about the album and some really cool things we're doing surrounding the release tomorrow (Thursday 9/3) at 11am PST/2pm EST.

This info will be posted on the brand new TomPetty.com, also launching at 11am PST/2pm EST tomorrow.

You will see tomorrow that there are many elements to this release and we are sure that you will have some questions. We'll be issuing an FAQ in the coming weeks which will hopefully answer many of them and be assured that we will be releasing all available information as soon as it is finalized.

Best wishes, all.

Wow, look at that! They actually wrote something to fans! Thanks for posting that Susan.

TPHBInfo

Hey Everyone,

Best wishes, all.

Oooooooo, even more exciting now!

Oh, yippee! Finally! Ditto, Lizzie, not sure I can wait but I want the fancy one. lol

LOL, after I posted that I thought, what am I thinking? I'll never wait for Christmas!!

My god, I think I came a little. It may not be the studio album I want but that album art is just so fucking awesome and with 48 plus (knowing me I'll go the special one), it'll probably be there best live release seeing as Pack Up is kind of meh, no official release of Take The Highway and High Grass Dogs (granted that one's great but Soundstage and Live at the Olympic are DVD only so even though they're great, no included in my thoughts on judging cd released live albums)

Ah! >>------> "A 7 LP vinyl box set mastered directly from the uncompressed 24-bit 96K files and pressed on audiophile quality high performance vinyl." :055:

And the Deluxe set does indeed include a vinyl of the '76 Live Leg. :)

And the digital Superhighway Tour..:

Too Many Choices!

i don't think i'm going to like the vinyl set since it's uncompressed 24 bit 96K digital files transfered to vinyl. you might as well save your money and get MP3s, that really sucks. wtf happened to the original analog tapes that bugs hid away? that is what to use and digitize them and make or add changes. who's in charge of this project?? seems like the same guy that schedules their tours!!!!

just got the news from tompetty.com looks great - bluray edition should be EXCELLENT! ( I purchased Neil Young ARCHIVES in bluray and it is absolutely incredible!!! ).

Border's issues pretty significant savings on cd's/dvd's and boxed sets from time to time - IF you can stand to wait! I have saved 50% on boxed sets! :b55: