Sign in to follow this  
SingsInFrench

"The Live Anthology"

Oh boy, I got the super deluxe whatthehell edition for Christmas! It's such an unbelievably great... yeah, what? Collection? Live best-of??? Who knows? It's one of a kind. I love the songs they chose, especially the covers they included. GREEEEAAAAT STUFF!!!! Oh, and the lesser known originals. Like Melinda. Man, how I love that one. Loved it in the Soundstage-version, but the version of the Anthology is even better. (Hm, maybe I should check it once more... it's not from the Soundstage-performance, is it?) Anyway, I'm more than pleased with this set.

Well, I am shocked. We got a Blu Ray player for Christmas. Put in that CD not thinking there would be much difference. WRONG! It sounds so beautiful and rich! I can't believe it. Our stereo receiver has DTS output which is what the disk is in. Surround sound...close eyes...you are there. :003:

Awesome! I'm going to have to check into that. I didn't realize the blu ray machines will also play regular dvds and convert them to HD. I was not happy with the thought of buying everything all over again because of the new format.

On December 30, 2009 at 11:49 AM, TwoGunslingers said:

Like Melinda. Man, how I love that one. Loved it in the Soundstage-version, but the version of the Anthology is even better.

I really like the one from Soundstage but the Anthology version is even better! I agree it rocks! Benmont taking his solo to another level.

cheers

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I really like the one from Soundstage but the Anthology version is even better! I agree it rocks! Benmont taking his solo to another level.

cheers

Thanks for reminding me! It's ten years later, I forgot I wrote that. But I guess I'll have to listen to Melinda from the Anthology again. :lol:

7 hours ago, TwoGunslingers said:

Thanks for reminding me! It's ten years later, I forgot I wrote that. But I guess I'll have to listen to Melinda from the Anthology again. :lol:

Ha! I don't even remember why I found that topic but when I saw your post I had to agree. Benmont does this cool melody in the middle of his solo on this version, you know what I'm talking about, it really elevates the song. I thought the dvd version of the tune was good but this was on another level!

cheers