Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Today I Learned...

It is very exciting, Liz!! I will be going with Kerstin and she has a few safaris already lined up so October 2013 is the soonest. We will stay 7 days in Ithumba...and 4 days in Voi....she sent me the info from her safari company and it is alot less than I paid!!

It's a combination of June and nineteenth. It's the day the slaves were freed in Texas in 1865 and has been celebrated since 1966 and has been a state holiday since 1890. It's quite an important day here.

TIL there will be a new Jack White music video on 7/16 for Freedom At 21. How do I know? I saw a trailer for it. That's right, a trailer for a music video, lol. It looks very cool. Maybe I'll put it in video of the day.

^ Oh Susan, how wonderful! I cannot even begin tell you how fabulous grandparent-hood is.

You're gonna LOVE it!!!

Is baby's name actually going to be Benjamin? If my new one, to be born in February, is a boy,

his name is going to be Benjamin, too! : )

Thank you Barb and Marion! No, Benjamin is my son's name, and I don't think they're really thinking of naming the baby after him. I'm just imagining a sweet little boy like my baby Benji. When we were discussing baby names, Ben and Heather were talking about Miles for a boy, after Miles Davis, one of Ben's favorite artists. Miles Ludy sounds nice! I didn't ask though, if they were still considering that name. Maybe it will be a surprise. :)

Susan, congratulations!!! Great news!! :heart:

Today I just learned (after coming home and checking my FB just a while ago) that my friend from the UK, Rob, who is the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust's UK Director will be running with the Olympic torch on Monday, July 16th in Petersfield! He was nominated by British Airways. :041::041::041: