Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs Live at Joe's Joint - 08/21/09

A little Refugee birdie just texted me and told me that Jason sang lead and Mike played keyboard on "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"...OMG! That must have been priceless!!! :003:

Hurry up and get home people, (but drive safely) I can't wait hear the rest.

Yes! It was such a great song! Jason went deep for the vocals, just like Iron Butterfly, lol. Jason also brought out this beautiful guitar he bought for this song. I don't know the whole story on the history of this guitar, but it's pretty. I'm sure Relic and all the other shutterbugs are working on their pictures to post. I can't wait!!

It was so great to see Mike playing keyboard. I haven't seen that since 2002 at the Coach House.

They had two special guests playing with them tonight. Mr. Phil Jones and Mr. Andrew Gold. I bet a few of you can guess the big hit song that Mr. Gold had back in the day.

I'm so tired. Long drive to and fro. It was so nice to see everyone. :)

Once again, another rockin' night with the Knobs!! :003:

Wow that was a blast! We are going to be grinning from ear to ear for a while to come after that performance tonight!

Jason shared a little about that guitar with me - I learned it is from Italy, but not a lot seems to be known about it except that it has wonderful tone! Especially for that song.

Jason mentioned that he was horse-trading guitars and had traded one in and got another, and had some 'credit' left over - so he looked for the most unusual guitar he could find to surprise Mike and ended up with the Italian guitar :)

Wow! I just saw the Dirty Knobs play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida!!!! So Cool!

(pinching self) Did that really happen?!?!?!?!?!?

I have a lot of photos of the gig to go thru - too many to process tonight - but I couldn't resist getting a couple ready to post, so here you are from the beginning of the gig:

Mike Campbell (with Phil Jones in the background)

7351.jpg

From left to right, Phil Jones, Jason Sinay, Lance Morrison

7453.jpg

Thank you everyone for a wonderful time! What a night! Great seeing all the farmers there - hope I got to say hi to everyone!

I just took a peek at some photos in camera that looked really good - from the second CF card I used - a rapid fire series of Jason.

Can't wait to upload that card and have a look on the big screen, but sometimes you just know when you first see a shot that all the planets were aligned... but cannot keep eyes open any longer.... must go to bed.....

Sweet Knobby Dreams everyone.

OK - I couldn't resist a couple more - taken during In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Mike at the keyboards - Anyone else besides me think he was having fun? :)

7743.jpg

And Jason - Half way into the song he grabbed this funky set of blinking glasses. What a goofball! I tried to catch the glasses as the lights were blinking - Hopefully you can get the idea, but only a couple of the bulbs were lit at the instant I took the photo.

7751.jpg

Edited by Relic

I just found Ref's text on my phone. She was excited! haha! In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?!!!! How fun! I'll bet that was a trip. Everyone must have been flipping out when they heard the first few notes. :)

Relic, LOVE the pictures and can't wait to see more. Thank you, Thank you!! 7222.gif

Ref, thanks for the late night surprise TM. That sure woke me up, lol.

OMG! Andrew Gold...The Golden Girl theme song guy! No way! :003:

Relic, those pictures are gorgeous! The guys look like they're having a fun time! I love the shot of Mike on keyboard, and Jason's goofy glasses... they look perfect for that song, LOL! I love it!!! Thank you for sharing those. You always do such a fabulous job.

I sure wish I'd been there but glad everyone had a great time and got home safely. Thanks for the reviews guys! :)

Mike Campbell, Matt Laug and Phil Jones They are all laughing because Mike just broke a string in the middle of the first song - 'Goldfinger' and it is still hanging from the guitar.

Well, maybe Mike's expression is one of 'nuts!' - his guitar tech handed him another guitar later on, but until then he just soldiered on using 5 strings LOL!

(I think Mike lost his g-string, but don't quote me)

7429.jpg

Andrew Gold

7675.jpg

Edited by Relic