Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Sunday Supper

I had the grandchildern this weekend Sunday we made home

made pizza and home made ice cream . I really enjoyed my

mini me's decked out in aprons standing in chairs helping

Edited by LRED
edit

Just came back from the beach..it's hot and humid here, too..not quite in the 90's, though. I am going to make this again....our tomatoes are coming in now...yummmm, and fresh sweet basil....drizzle of olive oil and mozzerella cheese......I always warm it up a bit in the micro, though...so the cheese is soft....

100_2134.JPG

I love fresh basil, too, Marcia...I started just two varieties this year...always sweet and also lime. The basil (and other herbs) find their way in my flower arrangements....and I, too, have basil always close to me.....here is some I picked and just put in a vase. It smells heavenly.....:)

Yummmm, time to pick some basil for this dinner.....

100_2119.JPG

It's a basil kind of weekend. lol We made pesto (to freeze) and fresh tomato sauce from my Roma juice, dried the tomato remains yesterday and then made the sauce into spaghetti and meatballs today. More pesto to make for the freezer. So fun to have that in the dead of winter.

We had a family cookout at my mother-in-law's house. Doug made barbecue chicken using the old family recipe his father handed down to him. It was such a "taste memory" --- its been years since the family had Pop's special BBQ sauce. We also had broccoli salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. Just typical Southern cookout fare...real comfort food!

i'm roasting a 7 lb turkey breast (almost done), mashed potatoes (almost done boiling), green and yellow string beans in some olive oil with garlic and sliced onions, and a tomato salad with olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, chopped garlic, pepper and a ton of salt and let it set about 2 hours to marinate the tomatoes. after dinner, i plan on getting out a bottle of wine and get the WD marinated for dessert! if that fails, i'm gonna catch a flight to cali.....lol.

Mmmmm.... lol

Anyway, I guess it's kind of late to tell you what I'm making so I'll tell you what I had!

...Pizza hut :P

gonna make an eye of round roast with slices of garlic injected into meat. cook it in a bit of beef broth til it's about 3/4 done. then remove from roaster and slice, put slices back in roaster and add more beef broth to cover slices. peel and 1/4 potatoes and put on top of beef with salt, pepper and parsley. i also peel and 1/4 an onion to add with the potatoes. put on lid and put back in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and then remove lid and cook another 15 minutes so potatoes get browned.

Edited by nurktwin
forgot the onion!

Another hot and humid day here. When it is like this, I don't feel like eating too much or heating up the kitchen. Fall and Winter is the time for big meals for me. I might pick up some steamers on the way home from the beach today....make some garlic bread and a little salad with things from the garden. I planted some coriander this year and love the flavor it adds to things...

Happy Sunday, Farmers...:sun_smiley: