Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs Live Dec. 8th!

Jason_1.jpg

Just got back an hour or so ago - hope everyone got home safely! We really enjoyed seeing all our friends again!

It was a truly terrific pair of gigs. We had a ball.

(Going thru the photos now, but it is going to take a while to get 'em right. Here is a teaser!)

Aww....that's sweet, Relic.... I know yours are going to be awesome... So I'll just post a couple for good measure...

maveric2.jpg

maveric.jpg

It looks like Mike is playing a Les Paul Goldtop... (Jordan Zevon is center stage.) They're going to post more photos from the show on the website for the benefit. Also, someone mentioned there might be some videos on Youtube soon...

What Knobs gig would be complete without a mirror ball?

Mirror_Ball.jpg

Very festive don't you think? "We wish you a Knobby Christmas, we wish you a Knobby Christmas, we wish you a Knobby Christmas and a Dirty New Year!"

Mike playing with one of his electronic toys - Not sure what this one is, but it acts a little like a theramin....

Mike_Jag_2.jpg

So there is Mike, holding a pick in his teeth like the way a Pirate holds a dagger ...... :)

Similar to others, but again, I'm sure you don't mind seeing more.

The Knobs as part of the tribute show. They played Incidental Hygiene and My Shit's Fucked Up. LOL, they found the second on YouTube and thought it was funny, so they picked it for the tribute. You can find it there. I have to admit, I'd never heard it.

IMG_0091.jpg

The group song near the end, Werewolves of London. It was great.

IMG_0098.jpg

Ready to get down to business

IMG_0100.jpg

Everyone sang that night

IMG_0107.jpg

The coat...it was so cool!! And necessary. That place is just a big barn and they had the doors open all night. Brrrrrr!!!

IMG_0104.jpg

It was a cold night, but the Knobs were so hot, Jason had to take off the scarf and jacket. I'm glad!!

IMG_0108.jpg

Ok, that's it for me, it's bed time. If I post a review, it'll have to be in a couple of days. I'll see what others put up, and if I can add to it, I will.

It was a great weekend!!! It was so much fun to see everyone. You guys are the BEST!! And, I LOVE THE KNOBS!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!! These are interesting lyrics.

(Warren Zevon)

Well, I went to the doctor

I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough"

He said, "I'll break it to you, son [Warren sings, "Let me break it to you, son"]

Your shit's fucked up."

I said, "my shit's fucked up?"

Well, I don't see how-"

He said, "The shit that used to work-

It won't work now."

I had a dream

Ah, shucks, oh, well

Now it's all fucked up

It's shot to hell

Yeah, yeah, my shit's fucked up

It has to happen to the best of us

The rich folks suffer like the rest of us

It'll happen to you

That amazing grace

Sort of passed you by

You wake up every day

And you start to cry

Yeah, you want to die

But you just can't quit

Let me break it on down:

It's the fucked up shit

^LOL!!! Thanks, Ref.

Ok, I had to log back on because I remembered something.

Beth, I thought of you when Jordan Zevon auctioned off a little guitar he had autographed by Jackson Browne. $750! What a deal. I sure wish I could have bought it for you. :)

^^Thanks, Steve. That means a lot coming from you! I must say your photos this time around are superb. They always are, really. You got some really nice shots both nights. Yours are the photos I'm reliving the evening through!!