Sign in to follow this  
JohnsonBibbyWag

Least Favorite Album

Okay, Marzirose's Least Favorite Song thread got me interested... what's your least favorite album? It can be Heartbreakers or Solo, doesn't matter.

I'm going with Echo, just a little too sad for me. And I still think it's amazing, shows how much I love TPaTH :020:

This one's easy to answer: Last DJ. That cd depresses the hell out of me. Although Dreamville and Like a Diamond are beautiful songs, I just can't make myself put that cd in my player... I know Tom was trying to make a statement (kudos to him for that), but this cd does not appeal to me. I guess I was all hyped up about the cd before it came out, and I was kind of let down...

Let Me Up, I've Had Enough...Yep, that's just about how I feel about the album. Maybe 2 or 3 songs I like but that's it. And, the fact that it starts out with "Jammin Me" the one TPATH song that I loath, just seals the deal.

Either Full Moon Fever or Southern Accents. I personally love the Last DJ. Quite the under appreciated album hence why you'll never hear anything from it again live.

Not a huge fan of Southern Accents either, it had too much difference. Like, Rebels, to Southern accents, to Don't Come around here no more, they just didn't fit together for me. I love Full Moon Fever, though. And the last dj is like my favorite. tom really made a dent, because even if they won't play the songs on the radio, it's because they don't want to show the truth, so in a way that proves that it's honest. I wish they'd play it live again :085:

I dont have a least favorite I guess...

The only thing that comes close is Shes the one, but is that really a TPATH album?

I love all of them, because they are all special in different ways and have always been there for me at different times in my life.

No least favorite.

I don't think I have a least favorite but if I am going to choose, I guess Let Me Up, I've Had Enough - although I really love some songs on there, especially Runaway Trains....it's not in any of the top ones I'll reach for when I want to listen to a TPATH cd.

I was never a huge fan of anything after Wildflowers. If I had to narrow it down, I would say Echo or Highway Companion.

Edited by Marzirose
Chronological error.

I think this is wrong...We all come here to talk and share a particular love for one band...and we end up talking about least favorites? I feel like...this doesnt feel right for some reason. Just a personal opinion.

You can still love a band but not love everything they do.

^ and ^^ I agree. I'm not here to idolize anybody. It doesn't diminish my love of the band just because they've recorded some stuff I don't happen to care for.

I think this is wrong...We all come here to talk and share a particular love for one band...and we end up talking about least favorites? I feel like...this doesnt feel right for some reason. Just a personal opinion.

The point for me is that we're talking in terms of albums. Which implies: Do the songs fit together? Do we like the mood and the overall sound of it? And that I can discuss. Because Echo, The Last DJ and Let Me Up, I've Had Enough are albums I really do not listen to often, but every now and then I pull them out and play three or four songs. It's just that the atmosphere of Echo for me is too sad, the mood of The Last DJ is a little too angry and the sounds and arrangements of Let Me Up are just too eighties for my ears. But still there are some great, great songs on each of these three albums.

I love "walls" so I have to like that CD for that reason.

My least favorite one is probably "let me up" or "Southern Accents", and I think after that TP was ready to do his solo thing, join the Wilbury's and I think the band was just a bit burned out. I think they came back strong with "Into the great wide open", but by then, the band was just different, in attitude, and its amazing they stayed together, since some of them didn't care for that CD. In interviews I think they all sound a bit put off by something around that time. Maybe just Tom and Stan's growing problems, and Howie's personal problems.

Wildflowers...Pfff. Boring...

I know, perhaps I am not ought to talk Mudcrutch now, but I also think that album sounds like some soup, steak and ice music.

That is, the kind of music a bar pianist plays to your aunt's 50 years' birthday.

Edited by Softanimal

I don't totally dislike any of the albums. I think my least favorite is Highway Companion though. I have to be in a very mellow mood to listen to that one but I still like it.

I think it's ok to voice our likes and dislikes as long as we're respectful to the band. Everyone is not going to care for everything and I think it's interesting to hear what turns people off about a song or an album but turns the next person on.

For the record I like most of Southern Accents and love all of She's the One. Go figure, huh?

I forget to add Into The Great Bland Open to my not-so-hot list. I gave the CD away within a week. The live versions of some ITGWO songs are pretty good, but I can't stand the studio recording.