Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs and Romeo Delta Live at Cozy's - 01/09 & 01/10 - 2009

It's going to be a tough Monday morning that week....but so worth it. As far as inexpensive places to stay nearby I found the Rendevous Motel and the Cinema Motel. Being the valley and all where "certain" movies are typically filmed, I would be a bit cautious. :P There is a Marriott (I think that's what it was) but it is $159/night.

The Castle is only 9 miles, but how far is that really in LA traffic?

http://www.cozysblues.com/gallery.html

Noice!

Whoa! Wait a minute!

http://www.cozysblues.com/calendar%20december08.htm

(scroll all the waaaaay down)

"1/9 & 1/10 - Grand Entertainment Presents:

The Dirty Knobs feat. Mike Campbell of Tom Petty"

Is that the correct date then?

Can anyone tell me how the tickets work? Do you just get them at the door? And does anyone know where to find a cheap hotel in the area? I guess I should be able to work out the hotel thing... I'm gonna make it work.

If anyone needs a ride from Montana let me know!!

Sounds like reservations for dinner if you are so inclined, otherwise just show up (and how early?)? I'm guessing there will be definite start time and cover info whenever they put up the January schedule.

Check out the whole web site for details about the venue.

I'll be checking out cheap accomodations soon. I remember a friend telling me about a retro chic old fleabag near Hollywood...

What's the Castle? :confused:

Edit: And what's nine miles in LA at night? No biggie right?

I've got to say I am very disappointed. I already made my flight reservations and used my Delta miles for a free flight. I've been accumulating and saving those miles for almost a year. It will cost me $284 to change them now and that defeats the purpose so I'm just gonna have to miss the show on Friday night. Bummer.

Sorry you got bad info Ref. It is not your fault. It's too bad we didn't know 2 days ago! I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time around.

So is there anyway at all around this age limit? Wishful thinking.lol

Yep.

Cozy's just informed me they are a restaurant and music club, like Sohos, those under 21 can go, BUT...they cannot go near the bar or the pool room, AND you must have dinner reservations there.

Edited by Refugee

Nope, Delta doesn't work like that. It's a great program but if you screw up, you're screwed. Oh well.

I'll find something to do with my friends on Sunday. All is not lost. We'll go to Amoeba Records, I need some new 45's for the jukebox. Maybe do some sight seeing and go find some place really cool to eat. There is always stuff to see in LA. With any luck Romeo Delta will be playing some little club somewhere.

Sorry to hear about your flight Marion :085: But you're right, Romeo Delta may be playing somewhere locally anyway on Sunday! I like your positive attitude. I'm sure you'll have a blast regardless.

Yep.

Cozy's just informed me they are a restaurant and music club, like Sohos, those under 21 can go, BUT...they cannot go near the bar or the pool room, AND you must have dinner reservations there.

Well then Im there! At least for Saturday, cause I can take the train in on Saturday lol. I don't know if I can miss my first friday back from break.

Marrion, I'm so sorry.. Maybe you can snag a cheap one-way flight on Friday. I hear the airlines are cutting prices.

It will be so fun... Cozy's is really small, be sure to get there early so you can sit up front.

Oh, nice news. I'll look into yhis for sure. Don'y know if I can make it both nights, but I'll try.

Marion, I'm so sory to hear about your flights. There is so much to do in LA though. I'll try to be ther if that helps.

Carol, I'll miss yiu, so sory to hear about your arthritis.

Hope to see you soon, (keeping fingers crossed )