Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs and Romeo Delta Live at Cozy's - 01/09 & 01/10 - 2009

I just got an email from the owner of Cozy's, apparently there is an age limit. 18 years of age and over.

I'm so very sorry for all the miscommunication and information regarding this gig.

Edited by Refugee

^Dude that's too bad!!! So sorry to hear that.

Gotta say tho, I can't afford the trip. I'm so effing bummed. Unless anyone out there is swimming in money??? Got so much dough you don't know what to do? Wanna fly some guy out to see his hero?? Huh huh??...:) :)

NOOO!!! My birthday is 4 days after the show!

Ugh! That sucks.....

If its any consolation.... here is a true story....

I had looked forward to my 21st birthday for a long time - and as it turned out it was on a friday, which was really cool....

So the day approached and my Network Analysis professor (Professor Fontana who was a real hard ass and always complained that we were 'dissipating our lives on rock and roll') suddenly announced a 3 hour Saturday midterm exam!

It was unheard of. And what a bitch, it was on the morning after my 21st b-day.

So all day Friday I dodged my friends who wanted to take me out bar hopping.... I stayed glued to the books and moped around the apartment...

Finally at around 10 PM or so I reluctantly agreed to let my buddy take me out to the elephant Bar in Goleta for ONE BEER.

In we walked and I sauntered up to the bar... ordered a beer and while I waited for the barmaid to return I started looking around.

Two bar stools to my right sat Professor Fontana.

So I kinda hid behind my beer as I gulped it down and got the hell out of there. Never knew if he saw me or not.... It was like an ambush!

The next morning I walked in and aced the test.

Then I went to a store and bought a six-pack of beer.

Ripe with anticipation I walked up to the guy at the register clutching the evil six pack. Man, I was ready to whip out that ID and give him a big grin.....

He didn't even card me.

Maybe Mike will play on your 21st?

Edited by Relic

I was planning to go one of the nights for dinner so I can get a seat- probably Friday. I have no idea what time everyone else is going to be there, though, so I'm not sure what time to make my reservation for.

Also, I can't get online until Monday evening- will there still be tickets left then ? Cozy's is a tiny place.

Edited by Beamish

If you're going for dinner, what time, and can we make the dinner reservations at the same time as we buy tickets on Monday?

The www.grandentertainment.info link doesn't seem to work, can we get tickets over the phone?

Buy your tickets online through the above link which should be working by Monday or Tuesday.

Call the club to make reservations for dinner.

If buying tickets at the club, you must do so in person.

Edited by Refugee

I was planning to go one of the nights for dinner so I can get a seat- probably Friday. I have no idea what time everyone else is going to be there, though, so I'm not sure what time to make my reservation for.

Also, I can't get online until Monday evening- will there still be tickets left then ? Cozy's is a tiny place.

Look at what time the bands start playing. Make your reservations for dinner accordingly.

I have NO idea if any tickets will be left when you get home Monday night. Remember, these bands are playing both Friday and Saturday night.

Good luck!

We're going Saturday night - if the ticket thing goes as planned, and they take dinner reservations as late as 9 pm, that's when we'll be there.

Thanks for the information on the link Linda, the "dropped connection" error was mystifying.

Since today is Sunday; by 'next week' they mean tomorrow or the day after, or the 15th or 16th?

For some (like me) Sunday is considered the first day of the week, for others it is Monday.

Sorry if I'm a pain in the neck about this. I'm sure someone will post as soon as the page starts accepting orders.

Why do they have to make things so difficult? Monday...maybe Tuesday?

The kids can come......no the kids can't come.

The show dates are this day....nope, they are that day.

Could we get a little professionalism here? I'm sorry Ref. You must feel like you're responsible this chaos. Thanks for keeping us updated. We really appreciate it.

I'm so there for both shows! It's been four years since I saw this band, and it is time I see them again. I think if Ms Sammie can handle Las Vegas she can handle the DKS. Can someone PM me with information about the Castle, phone number, and such?