Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs and Romeo Delta - SoHo - 11/21/08

I sent it to Lizzie, hoping she can distribute it as required since I don't have everyone's email addresses. :)

OK here are two shots - the left is Mike Campbell taken back in 2006 at the Blue Cafe in Long Beach.

On the right you have Darian Campbell taken last Friday at SOhO.

comparison.jpg

The lighting on your pics is incredible, Relic !

Thank the Club for the excellent lighting, and of course thanks to the performers for putting up with the lights being turned up higher than normal.

(In fact, I couldn't believe how great the lighting was, since its always been very difficult there before. Both SOhO and Joe's Joint have been remodled somewhat over the last year!)

Sometimes I wonder if being the son of a HOFer the way Darian is might make things extra difficult -

People will quite naturally compare him to Mike, comment on his playing style, etc. (as I have in those photos and my writings in this thread)

I guess I wanted to say that while Darian looks like a younger Mike, and shares some elements of his playing style, I would not say that he is a Mike clone - Darian absolutely has his own sound and style (even after only one live listening experience this is clear to me) and so I am very interested in hearing this band perform live again and learning more about these great musicians, and getting to experience their sound and style.

Once again, through following various Heartbreakers and their projects, we have been introduced to and 'discovered' yet another great group of musicians and a 'new' band. Its funny (and wonderful) how that happens. So many musical roads - all cross-connected and interwoven. You start out along one path and discover so much more through the course of the journey.

Great stuff, and more to come!