Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs and Romeo Delta - SoHo - 11/21/08

From the printed Dirty Knobs Setlist

(They wandered off the list, but this gives you a basic idea of the set. Additions / Corrections are appreciated!)

Blow Yer Top

Never Gonna Own Me

Hold On You

London

Good Times Roll

Love Minus Zero

Minimum Wage

No Answer

Working Class Hero / Hide Love Away

Prince Of Peace

Shake These Blues

Corporation Hammer

Bulldog

(Pusher)

Loaded Gun

Shrimp Boat

Humdinger

Guitar Boogie Shuffle

Bride

Sweet Little 16

I also remember them performing 'Little Deuce Coupe' which was a treat! I think it was Matt hitting the high notes and Lance singing baritone. I'm sure I probably forgot a song or two as well.

It was a very special night, and we didn't get out of there until very late - One of the best shows I can ever remember. The sound was phenomenal, SoHo has made some improvements in the club since the last time I was there and the club was looking better than ever. Both bands were selling t-shirts, and we picked up one of each and a Romeo Delta CD. Funny thing is, I scored one of the original DK t-shirts when they unexpectedly found some and brought them to the Cozy's gig to sell.

I bought my Dirty Knobs t-shirt from Dave Glowacki, never expecting that I'd be rocking out to his band and buying their t-shirt some day!

OMG! Those photos are just stunning. Those pictures of Romeo Delta are just awesome.

I love that shot of Mike, he looks so intense, so does Jason. I wonder what song they were playing.

Matt is so cute and Lance looks like a big kid, lol. :)

Thank you, Relic!

Steve, those pictures are beautiful! You always do such a great job. :)

Wow! That was one amazing show! My head is still spinning. I really can't add anymore than has already been said But Romeo Delta blew me away. I loved hearing Sinner, Blackhole Woman and Somebody's Lady live. I listened to their cd all the way home after I dropped Stephanie off. I'm in love with the song 'Together Tonight'. Dave, Darien, Thomas and Ryan, you guys are going places! Keep on Rockin'! :023:

How often can I see some awesome newcomer rockers AND get my Dirty Knob fix? And, the guys were smokin' last night! They brought back some of my favorites but I most enjoyed hearing Mike do 'Good Times Roll'. I haven't heard that song in ages and it took me back to my parents weekend parties. I enjoyed Never Gonna Own Me, London (beautifully done), Blow Up My Stereo, and although Bride is on that set list, they didn't perform it and I was a little disappointed, it's one of my all time faves. Dave Rawlings was such a treat and how cool that Randall Marsh showed up for the gig?! I know exactly what Stephanie means about watching Mike's hands when he plays. It's almost hynotizing.

It was such a fun night. It was a delight having Denise and Stephanie with me on this trip. We had a blast! And, I'm still laughing at the priceless look on Stephanie's face when walked passed her and said hi. Wish I'd had a camera. She was on the phone with her Mom, and she asked Stephanie if she was okay, she said, NO! I'm not. LOL! Poor Steph, she wasn't prepared to see him just strolling up like that. It was pretty funny.

It was wonderful to see all my old and new friends. Seeing all the familiar faces really makes it worth it for me. It was really a nice crowd.

Oh, and those Filet Mignon enchiladas are to die for! SoHo's is the best!

Lotta, I'm sorry you couldn't make it. I looked for you and wondered what happened. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I must be batty being up this late writing a review. :003:

YAY! Love all of the reviews. I'm so glad everyone had such a great time. I love it when everyone is so excited.

Wonderful pictures Relic. Some of them aren't showing up for me though. I wonder what's up with that. I just get a red X.

Stephanie and Shianne, beautiful picture of you two! I love seeing young people appreciating this music. :)

The set list looks interesting too. Lots of new songs. Blow Your Top must be Stereo. Blow Up My Stereo. On of my very favorites EVER!

Edited by Marion

I love coming back and reading all these reviews...thank you for that one, Sharon. Love so many Farmers got Knobbed for the first time, too....what a feeling!! Lotta, I am sorry you could not make it...hope you are feeling better now. Thank you for the set list, too......I was hoping they would sing "Somewhere In London".....love that one but I love them all....:heart:

I love this thread!!

I saw a few of the pictures last night. Great pictures! I hope they show up again.

What wonderful stories. Soho is just a great place to see The Dirty Knobs. I'm grateful for the times I did get to see them!

So happy to see a few new people got to enjoy it too.

I always think of the Soho shows as The Annual Meeting of Huge Fans. :)

Where have all the pretty pictures gone? Boooohoooo...sniff, sniff. I see nothing with Mozilla and red x's on Explorer. Are they in an album on here too some place? I'm dying here. lol

Me too! Relic, bring them back please!

Sorry folks, looks like my brother in laws server is offline at the moment. The pictures should be back shortly.

(The Knobs want to blow up their stereo, I'm working on blowing up my brother in law's web server instead!)

The Knobs also played "Changing of the Guards", but since few people liked Dylan's Street Legal album, I don't think many audience members were as thrilled about hearing that song as I was.

I had a whale of a time hanging out with you, Sharon ! ;)

Edited by Beamish

This pics won't show.......only red x's and can't view them.......that's unfair:mad:

Relic just explained why.

Sorry folks, looks like my brother in laws server is offline at the moment. The pictures should be back shortly.

:rolleyes: