Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Dirty Knobs and Romeo Delta - SoHo - 11/21/08

OMG! What a fricking awesome night!! Great music by two great bands!

As Mike Campbell said, the best opening band they ever had, Romeo Delta,

kicked off the night by rocking us HARD! I cannot say enough about these musicians. If you haven't checked out their music yet, please do - www.romeodeltamusic.com and do yourself a huge favor a buy a CD.

They had a great set, Manbone, Somebody's Lady, Romeo Delta Blues, Take It To Jerome , Blackhole Woman, Star Child, and Lucifer Blues, Sinner, but I wish they could have played a little longer. This band is going places! Thank you SO much, Dave, Darian, Thomas and Ryan. I'm so proud of you. :heart:

After getting our tastebuds wet, guess who takes the stage, The Dirty Knobs! It's been a long time and SO worth the wait! They were on fire tonight. They also had a guest musician join them, Mr. Dave Rawlings. Outstanding job on Powderfinger, but I must admit, I miss Jason singing lead on that song. But they all tore up on Guitar Boogie Shuffle. That has to be one of my favorite songs, they never play it the same way twice. Other songs they brought back, much to my delight, Blow Up My Stereo, London, and Don't Wait Up For The Shrimp Boat Momma. Humdinger was at it's best, LOL! Working Class Hero and You Got To Hide Your Love Away, was mesmerizing. Matt took lead on Hey Bulldog, he just does the Beatles right. Loaded Gun was fun too. I know they played more, but I can't think right now, I'm SO tired.

It was SO wonderful to see everyone again! To see old friends, new friends and to introduce some young fans was just a blast.

Hats off to Gail and her crew at Sohos! Spectacular food and great ambiance, once again.

Thank you Mike, Jason, Lance and Matt for another awesome night.

Thanks to your families, too. :)

EDIT - forgot to mention, Mr. Randall Marsh was checking out his old roomate tonight. How cool is that?

Edited by Refugee

YAY!!! Linda, I am so happy to read this! I was thinking of you all....what an awesome night!! YAY, they did London!! :003:

I can't wait to get my Romeo Delta cd, too, I love their raw rocking sound.......thank you so much for coming back, Linda, get some rest now and I know you will have the sweetest dreams....

I had a wonderful time tonight at my first Knobs show! Besides The Dirty Knobs's and Romeo Delta's awesome music, you are all an amazing group of people! Thank you for making me feel so welcome tonight. I just home to Reseda, and I am off to bed, but I wanted to hop on here and say hello and thank you. What an incredible night! Ref, Lizzie B, Kay, Magnolia, it was wonderful to meet you all tonight. I'm sure I missed someone in there... Kianna, it was great to see you again. I hope you have a safe trip back up to WA.

I hope you all had/have a safe drive home!

Erin

Wonderful review Linda! I'm glad everything went so well and you had such a good time. I'm glad they pulled out London again. I LOVE that song! I love it when Matt sings the Beatles. He's got a great Beatle voice. Cool that Randall was there. What a blast.

What did you have for dinner? Crab cakes?

Did Mike have any buttons left on his shirt after Romeo Delta played? I'll bet they were great!

Hey, Erin...you've been Knobbed! :003: Thanks for coming here to post that....wishing everyone safe travels back to their homes.

The food at Soho's is so good.....I love the atmosphere of that place..

I hope Romeo Delta opens for the band again...I can't wait to see the Knobs!! :b55:

Okay, Nancy and I just got back to San Diego and I have now been up for 24 hours straight. Nancy even longer. I'm now going to bed at the time I usually get up. LOL!

BUT the drive was no problem and the show was FREAKING OUTSTANDING!!! I LOVE Romeo Delta and bought one of the CDs. Dang those boys are talented and they just look like they were having the BEST time! Thank you, boys!!

Ref said it all about the Knobs. What a total blast of a show. They played a long time and I could have stood there listening and dancing for another three hours. I just can't get enough of thee guys and the set list was to die for.

Lizzie, Kay, Ames, Erin, Melanie, Athena & Steve, Steph, Shianne, Denise - and of course Ref's darling hubby and cute girls. So great to see you all. And I finally got to meet Lauren's Mike tonightl Had a blast talking with you guys.

Steph and Shianne - I have the cutest photo to post of you two if I have your permission.

Everyone looked so happy tonight. The audience was definitely being treated to

an extra special show!

Edited by Magnolia
Correcting sleep-deprivation typos. LOL

sounds like good food and great music what more can you ask for?

would love to see some photos! (of the band that is! unless someone took photos of their sea bass that is! ha ha ha) Glad everyone had such a great time! wish i lived on that side of the country!

I just got home, and I have to say last night was freakin awesome. Im so happy I got to see both Romeo Delta and the Dirty Knobs in one night. I can't say more than what others have already said.

Oh yea, Randall Marsh was there. Erin and I talked to him for a really long time, what a great guy.

Off to sleep I go.

Oh and Barb, you have my permission to post the pic.

If anybody want to share some of the magic moments with people who wanted to be there so bad ,but still could'nt due to long distance and timing.........any pictures would be appreciated!!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

I just got home, and I have to say last night was freakin awesome. Im so happy I got to see both Romeo Delta and the Dirty Knobs in one night. I can't say more than what others have already said.

Oh yea, Randall Marsh was there. Erin and I talked to him for a really long time, what a great guy.

Off to sleep I go.

Oh and Barb, you have my permission to post the pic.

You are one lucky girl!:) Good for you! Will you be on AIM tomorrow Shianne?

I first of all need to thank Sharon for taking me. THANK YOU! :heart:

What an amazing night. I LOVED seeing both of the bands for the first time. I have officially been Knobbed and can't wait for it to happen again. :D

Before we got into SoHo's I was on the phone and Mike passes me and says hi, and I nearly died. My mom had to ask me if I was okay. lol I'll let Sharon tell you about that because she is still cracking up over it. lol

Romeo Delta was fantastic! I stood in front of Darian and he is just Mike. I turned around and noticed Randall Marsh standing behind me. I had to ask Shianne if I was crazy or not, and apparently I wasn't.

When the Dirty Knobs got on I was able to stand right in front by Mike with Kianna, Denise, and Shianne. Most of the show I watched Mike's hands on the guitar, just mesmerized. It was great. I do have pictures, and I will be posting them shortly.

Then this morning we see all the guys from Romeo Delta walk into IHOP when we were eating breakfast. I was surprised to see them all there still this morning.

It was a lot of fun seeing all you Farmers there! I can't believe Nancy walked and then came to the show and walked again. You're amazing Nancy! And it was a pleasure meeting new Farmers. Oh and Barb, you can post the pic.

Sorry for the spacey review but I'm still on a high.

Edited by Pettyjunkie