Sign in to follow this  
Ilovetench

Dirty Knobs live @ the Joint 10/20/08 !

I thought that was the best version of Dylan's "Joey" I had ever heard.

David Rawlings did a fantastic job with that one....

Keith Allison also helped the show along quite well.

Although I must say, I still prefer Tom's cover version of "Somethin' Else"

Great show, though.......always good to see a Heartbreaker in action.

Why didn't Marc come out and play?

Great pictures, Relic, as always!! Thank you for sharing since I couldn't be there. :085:

God, Jason looks HOT! So does Gator. :heart:

MJ - The DKs usually play Hey Joe, and everytime they do, it's ALWAYS different, that's what I love about these guys. :003:

He played Linda! Man how he played! :) I have a zillion more photos to go thru - Ill get more up this evening if I can keep my eyes open by then!

Wish you could have been there Linda, but SB is coming up soon and I hear there's CRAB CAKES at SoHo! :)

Now I know why Relic was still sleeping when I left to work this morning. :015: That shot of Mike and Dave Rawlings might just have to replace Mudcrutch as my wallpaper here at work. Mr. Rawlings is hot!

And very sweet too. Was talking with him after the show and he knows some of the Nevilles too. Promised to check in for next years Joshua Tree Music Roots Festival...

I actually stopped by to see the set list. Where does the song "One way or the other, this darkness got to give" fit in Athena? Was it in one of the Bob Dylan songs Mr. Rawlins sang?

MJ - The DKs usually play Hey Joe, and everytime they do, it's ALWAYS different, that's what I love about these guys.
I thought last night's version to be quite exceptional Linda. Joe seems to be coming to life a lot lately.

By the way, you were greatly missed...it wasn't the same.

Edited by worldview
added note

"One way or the other, this darkness got to give" fit in Athena?

Sounds like a Grateful Dead song..

Thanks for posting the set list... It's different. But they covered Knob regulars -- Dead, Dylan and Hendrix. I only see one of the Knobs singnature songs, Hey Joe.

Relic....Thanks you for the photos! They're beautiful.

I hate to bring this up but...I was showing 2 of my office mates here at work Relic's photos and we noticed a difference between them and the one I have on my cubicle wall from a couple of years ago...the grey in Mike's beard seems to have disappeared. He must have found the fountain of youth :) (as many of us have)

MC is lookin' so good!!!!.......oh me oh my......I love that Red shirt with the polka dots.......he is just something else.........lookin wonderfull as ever:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I hate to bring this up but...I was showing 2 of my office mates here at work Relic's photos and we noticed a difference between them and the one I have on my cubicle wall from a couple of years ago...the grey in Mike's beard seems to have disappeared. He must have found the fountain of youth :) (as many of us have)

Maybe he's using Just For Men coloring for beards and mustaches?

There were these 'swirling' spotlights - I had to try to time the photo for the instant the lights swung onto Jason. Otherwise he was completely in the dark :( Then there were the fixed spotlights pointed right at me from behind Mike..... Extreme back lighting.....

I would get a chance to take a shot maybe once every 10 or so seconds, and if Jason was behind a microphone stand, or had his back turned, etc. it was no go.... Matt, Phil, and Lance were totally obstructed and / or in darkness..... :( I knew they were there, and I could sure as hell HEAR them! but getting an actual shot seemed impossible on Monday :(

OK so much for my whining about the lighting.... here are a few more:

7523.jpg

7674.jpg

7672.jpg

7328.jpg

Edited by Relic