Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Mudcrutch Extended Play Live EP

man... this looks cool.... maybe I should not sell my old turntable as planned. i still have all my old nick lowe records... i could restart my vinyl collection with some Mudcrutch and go from there. i really miss the days when i would peruse the record store for that rare import disc at Cellophane Square in the U District..... aaahhhh, the good old days! :b55: :cool:

So is this probably the "special news from Mudcrutch" that was announced at the bottom of the email I got today announcing the re-release of Runnin' Down a Dream?

Very cool, but only an EP?!!?! I really wished they could have put "You Go Your Way" on it. Of course I'm getting it.

So if I just buy the CD I'll be getting an inferior product? That's what it sounds like to me and that kinda sucks.

Why do I get the feeling that in a few years I'll buying another whole catalog of remastered special edition "uncompressed" CDs.

FWIW, I got the Mudcrutch CD because I decided I couldn't wait for the LP - the 'audiophile' CD that came with the LP was identical to the CD release, as far as I could tell: the file sizes were the same, and the waveforms identical.

The vinyl version is a few more bucks and Amazon's page for it lists:

Disc: 1

1. Crystal River (Live Vinyl Version)

2. The Wrong Thing To Do (Live Vinyl Version)

3. The Wrong Thing To Do (Live Vinyl Version)

4. Bootleg Flyer (Live Vinyl Version)

5. Bootleg Flyer (Live Vinyl Version)

6. Crystal River (Live Vinyl Version)

7. High School Confidential (Live Vinyl Version)

8. High School Confidential (Live Vinyl Version)

Disc: 2

1. Crystal River (Live CD Version)

2. The Wrong Thing To Do (Live CD Version)

3. The Wrong Thing To Do (Live CD Version)

4. Bootleg Flyer (Live CD Version)

5. Bootleg Flyer (Live CD Version)

6. Crystal River (Live CD Version)

7. High School Confidential (Live CD Version)

8. High School Confidential (Live CD Version)

I'm not sure if that's a typo or not, because it doesn't make much sense to me.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Mudcrutch+Extended+Play+Live+%5BEP%5D+%5BLIVE%5D&x=0&y=0

it makes sense to me, just the same thing released on vinyl. if you collect vinyl, they make more money. if you are not from the 50's-60's-70's that collected vinyl and don't even have a turn table to play them on, why buy it? it's just a throw back to an earlier time. and lets face it, how much more time do cd's have left on earth?

it makes sense to me, just the same thing released on vinyl. if you collect vinyl, they make more money. if you are not from the 50's-60's-70's that collected vinyl and don't even have a turn table to play them on, why buy it? it's just a throw back to an earlier time. and lets face it, how much more time do cd's have left on earth?

I guess I wasn't clear, what didn't make sense to me was listing the same songs as on the CD, except they are all listed twice on the vinyl page - is that a mistake, or are there really 2 live versions of each on the vinyl edition?

I just bought a new turntable this summer after not having one for about 20 years. A friend I hadn't seen in 25 years located me and returned a case of vinyl she taken care of for me. I was shocked, to say the least.

releasing 4 songs on a cd seems reeally dumb... like leaving you got lucky off pack up the plantation or never reissuing take the highway live. i mean because mudcrutch recorded everything live in the studio on their debuet album, this is going to sound the same, and does. atleast whoever is isseuing this could have done is include summertime blues and raniy day women on here. it's just like the reissue of running down a dream, why the hell are they not going to include refugee? they have played that song nightly since like 2000 including everydate during the highway companion tour besides the ganniesville show. i don't want another version or mystic eyes...

just called my local music store to see if they had the EP in and they didn't have it yet!? come onthe thing's supposed to be out now!!! good thing i can listen to it on the Mudcrutch site! ha ha not the same as holding it in your hands though! anyway i also pre-ordered it on Amazon so i guess it will be here soon enough....still though i want my Mudcrutch!!! :-) Have a good day everyone!

I got up and bought the EP on Itunes cause i'm not sure when my Amazon order will get here. I love the tracks they picked. Although I wish they put some songs on there from the Fillmore shows! Perhaps I'm biased. I can't wait to see what size the vinyl is. Hope they can get the Mudcrutch Tour together for next year.!!!

Does anyone know if the "Bootleg Flyer" version thats on the EP is the same as the "Bootleg Flyer" they gave out at the Heartbreakers shows? I couldn't get mine to work...

I just checked Amazon, and it says mine hasn't even shipped yet. Well, it wouldn't today anyway, but usually you get stuff from Amazon on release day, if not before.

I've resisted listening to the streaming version online so far, don't know how much longer I can hold out. I'm dying to hear Crystal River though, it so blew me away when I heard it live.

Amazon says it still hasn't shipped mine yet. I have emailed them to inquire why they haven't shipped an order that they have in stock. Sadly, they've delayed shipping things I've pre-ordered before and then notified me that they are out of stock.