Sign in to follow this  
Mudcrutch

Laptop or Desktop?

I used to be a desktop girl, but last year got my first laptop -- and I love it. I think if I was doing more serious graphics work, I would want a more substantial (ie, desktop). But the lappys have come a long way & this works fine for surfing, writing, etc.

I found that the laptop didn't have enough hd space for all of my music, video, etc. Plus I've got so many external hd's, that it got too cumbersome to move around with a laptop and still access the material for my projects. So I have a desktop with massive amounts of hd space and all of my externals in place on my desk making it much easier to work on stuff.

I found that the laptop didn't have enough hd space for all of my music, video, etc. Plus I've got so many external hd's, that it got too cumbersome to move around with a laptop and still access the material for my projects. So I have a desktop with massive amounts of hd space and all of my externals in place on my desk making it much easier to work on stuff.

good point about laptops. i have a media drive shared on my wireless network -- that gives me access to all my large files, music, movies, etc. anywhere around the house.

then i keep a smaller amount of songs/movies on the actual laptop for when i am traveling.

I've always had desktop Macs at home and at work, but would love to try a "lappy!" Maybe next year. Good point about the storage though. Laptops still seem to be a bit limited if you deal with large files a lot. Sounds like you've got that solved, Mud.