Sign in to follow this  
MJ§LastDance

TOUR IN EUROPE - What can we do?

Hey, normandi, I am hoping that, too....I look forward to seeing Paris...and rockin out with TPATH!

I can see the opening shot on the DVD now. With the title sequence showing "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ~ LIVE in Paris" running across the screen of an aerial shot of Paris with the Eiffel Tower all lit up.... you hear the sound of the crowd roar... the band plugging in... Steve hitting the snare...

And we are THERE!

?

Do you think Neil needs more money than Tom or needs it more urgently? Or do you think a Heartbreakers tour is more expensive than a Neil Young tour?

I think the TPATH would not make much money on an European tour - therefore, they won't do one. It's all about money people!

I know Tom would never accept a tour sponsor...

BUT... just in case the guys could convince him... listen up Heartbreakers... it could be really cool. You should link up with Volkswagen and do some clever ads utilizing an old VW bus traveling across the continent with all you Heartbreakers in tow. Why Tom could have his own bus... and there could be one for each of you Heartbreakers. They would be decorated up in each individual style of the Heartbreakers with shots of each member relaxing in his VW bus as it rolls by. Then that clever black bug standing at the mike by the side of a scenic spot on the Autobahn says something clever spotlighting the most recent VW car and then slyly announces the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tour. They could shoot scenic shots of the Heartbreakers entering each major European city. Heck, they could shoot the Heartbreakers in an LA soundstage and then digital insert the European scenes.

Just give me a writing credit on the commercial... and of course a pair of tickets to the show in Paris.

THAT would pay for the European tour...

oooh, i like that idea mate! Imagine if Tom could do a simple 10 leg european tour. I'd def. come to Paris to see him. It may work, I remember Tom mentioning when promoting the Echo album on Conan about the tour bus that they had decorated themselves and Conan saying "So what you're bascially saying is youv'e turned it into an opim den" ... hehe...

or to add to your great idea, tom could rock up in an old hippie vw wan with older tp hits playing and the heartbreakers all come sep. in the newest VW listening to say saving grace, and then some corny slogan that promotes VW suggesting it doesn't matter what decade you're stuck in, VW is always there to accomodate your needs.

^ I wonder what Renaults advertising budget is? They might just jump on the opportunity to bring Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to Europe! And Emmie, maybe your fave driver Fernando can be driving the bus... oh just a little too fast... with Tom leaning over his shoulder in a shaky voice saying, "uhm... hey, Fernando, can you notch it down just a hair?".... ha ha ha....

^ I wonder what Renaults advertising budget is? They might just jump on the opportunity to bring Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to Europe! And Emmie, maybe your fave driver Fernando can be driving the bus... oh just a little too fast... with Tom leaning over his shoulder in a shaky voice saying, "uhm... hey, Fernando, can you notch it down just a hair?".... ha ha ha....

HAHAH Normandi. Can't you see it? Poor old Tom he'd be clutching his heart going, whooaaaaa now. LOL

My poor man Fernando. Terrible season for him so far. I think Renault have given up for the year. It's Jenson Button's year. There's a very strong rumour that Alonso will move to Ferrari next year! Don't know how I feel about that, I was never a Ferrari fan. I was so glad when 'Lonso went back over to Renault after the McLaren/Mercedes fiasco.

I can tell you this much though.......If Tom is on that bus with "my Spaniard" driving all over Europe, I shall wheedle my way on there by hook or by crook!

^ ha! Tom won't know what hit him. All of a sudden he will be sitting at a Grand Prix race with Dana clutching her program and screaming, "Come on Fernando!!" And Tom will be sitting there wondering how he got there.

Of course his good friend George Harrison was a big fan of racing so he might not be so unfamiliar.

We could try to trick him, of course. Get the band free F1-tickets, first row or something (we could all be donating for that), and they'll come over. Meanwhile we have already set up a "contract" with Renault (we cold spell it differently, maybe Renoult, and hopefully they won't notice) for a commercial... of course there won't be a commercial... And then, damn, we would need a director... i.e. someone who acts as if they're the director. Anyway, part of the commercial must be the band performing a set of songs (so the "director" can choose if one song or another fits the "commercial" better)... and we're the audience. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :003:

The only problem is that something will have to happen afterwards... Tom might be a little angry if there is no real contract, no money, no commercial... and no Renoult... :003: