Sign in to follow this  
MJ§LastDance

TOUR IN EUROPE - What can we do?

From Sweden, we're also hoping for the mentioned European Summer Tour 2009. In the meantime, you can go on facebook and join the

Tom Petty International Tour Facebook Group to show to show your support! I was hoping for much higher numbers then the 70 odd signatures, but it's nice to see some international fans.

My idea was to get the countries he's visited over his career in Europe (namely UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany, Holland and a few others) and get people in those countries to start contacting and requesting TPHB on radio and internet stations to spread the word and make sure TPHB know they are wanted in Europe. But for now, join the facebook group and show your support!!

Paris or somewhere in Germany would do fine.... I hope I don't have to cross my fingers for over a year LOL

A meeting of the European fan club would be great!

I've added myself into the list and commented on the wall... it seems to take long to be validated though...

Edited by Marleen

Hey

sorry if it takes long to be validated on facebook. I don't log on everyday and thought it was automatic... not that IT friendly, just jumped on TP saying he'd tour europe to collecting names online and facebook seemed the logical step. I doubht TPHB will come to Sweden, though I have to say that anywhere in europe would be fine ... though I guess UK would be easiest to get to. I wish they could film a show with enthusiastic european fans who have waited 10 years and sing along to every song and make that a live DVD.

Springsteen is going to Europe - he's headlining Glastonbury anyway. Not sure if he'll do some more shows in Europe while he is over there.

Anyway, it is a good thing for European fans who want to see classic American rock bands....in the style of TPAH or The Boss.

I just bought tickets to see Pink in November. considering that tom hinted at a summer tour (which I would read as july-september), wonder when he would release tix for that ....

keeping fingers crossed.

For tours starting in June or July - I am guessing sometime in March or April. Just a guess.

As much as I would like to see them in Toronto (please come back) - Europe totally needs some love. A couple of shows there would be nice for all concerned.

Europe is so lovely in the summer. I saw recently that the Barenaked Ladies actually had their own 'cruise' with invited artists (Sarah McLaclan, Sloan etc...) for fans (paying fans, of course)

How cool would that be? A vacation - and you see your fave band too?

I don't think we'll see a TPATH cruise, but - I would love to see a city or two in Europe - and to kill 2 birds with one stone - see a live concert or two while there.

Damn ! :085:

According to an hard-core Bob Dylan fan (friend of mine),

the rumor goes that Mike Campbell will be joining Dylan's Tour this year.

I'm now more pessimistic 'bout a European Tour this year.:mad:

Really...interesting:cool:

Not the European tour, I think. It starts on the 22 in Stockholm, and the Knobs are playing in Yucaipa and Mentone on the 20th & 21st. This makes it very unlikely that Mike will be involved then.

Also, both of the tour band's guitarists have confirmed that they are on the tour. Within recent memory, Bob hasn't played anything off a new album until after it's released and a new tour starts, and the latest album isn't being released until April 27 (28th in the US), which is 7 dates before the end of the tour.

Bob's already signed up for the Rothsbury festival in July, which hints at a summer US tour of some kind. That's when I would expect maybe a new lineup, new songs, something different.

I don't know if Bob would pull a Rolling Thunder type tour on us or not. Seems unlikely.