Favorite Mudcrutch song?

I love love love love the new album!

My favorites are "Scare Easy" and "This is a Good Street"

I love the old Mudcrutch songs more, though

Like "Depot Street" and "On the Street"

Benmont should sing more often!!

He has great vocals.

One of those albums that grows on me.

Obviously the single is Scare easy. If you notice something about Tom he won't give any publishing away for his best. In this case it went straight to Adria publishing.

Crystal River

Good street is catchy. Good job Ben, he used to write a lot but his songs were never Petty good.

Couple of dogs( don't flame me) orphan, go go girls( tom told leadon its all yours on the publishing on this one buddy.

I like the way he gave one to randall, one to Leadon, shared a couple with Mike, but anything That could be great and have longetivity Tom keeps.

( can we say insider?) same thing happened there.

Petty has a very very keen ear for hits. He knows it, he keeps them.

And the more I listen to some of this quickly made stuff and his Companion songs, I see how much he has matured as a songwriter.

this guy can write anything, copy any style from Elvis, beatles, stones, and make them his own.

What a songwriter. Most profilic I am aware of.

The songs on the CD I tend to skip are the ones Tom wrote. My #1 favorite is "June Apple", my second fave is "Shady Grove", "Good Street" is my 3rd fave, and "Queen Of The GoGo Girls" is my 4th fave.

first off i love the album....and if i had to choose today the top 3 would be....

1. Shady Grove (love this version of a traditional number i've heard done many ways by many bands)

2. House of Stone...i can imagine Tom dancing in that western shirt he wore at the MSG and LA shows! ha ha ha

3. the wrong thing to do -- just a really cool, different song!

Wrong thing to Do is definitely my favorite! But a close 2nd is a tie.....

every song on the album!!!!! I absolutely love this CD. And the Santa Cruz show totally rocked! It was great that they did every song from the album!

I am going to suggest that my employer request permission to use 'Wrong thing To Do' in the next annual ethics refresher course! :)

Love the entire album.

And I swear 'Good Street' could have been a Don Henley song. It sure sounds like Don to me anyhow. Its even better knowing its all Benmont's :)