Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

I wonder...

^ You are right, emmie. It is not worth it. Why should I give a damn about some of those people? It's not like they gave a shit about me 20 years ago. What makes me think they're gonna give a crap now?

^ Well as everyone round here used to say............what goes around comes around...one day...one day my pretties LOL!

I wonder how many people down South still have black maids.

^ As a resident of the south, I have seen a few elderly people (when I say elderly, I mean like people who are over 85 years old) have caretakers (I assume they do housework, answer their phones) who are black. I wouldn't call them maids.

^^ Yeah about the turnabout is fair play. That's okay. We'll just see how things are in a couple of years.

I also wonder if the broadcast was delayed or did that guy tell the musicians I was watching? At any rate, I got to hear some TPATH. It was really sweet of both of them. :)

The difference is -

"I have a caretaker"

NOT

"I have a black caretaker"

"I have a polish caretaker"

"I have a gay caretaker"

"I have a fat caretaker"

"I have a retarded caretaker"

"I have a jewish caretaker"

"I have a muslim caretaker"

"I have a catholic caretaker"

It's about labeling people as a class instead of as individuals.

Edited by AmyLou
needed to be edited!

Christ, next you'll be saying you can't identify people as being Jewish, Muslim, Catholic. Instead you have to say they are all religious. Really, how far is this politically correctness going to go. If you have to watch every single utterance or sentence you write it's going to be a very silent world, people terrified to say anything at all for fear of insulting even one person. What next, the news can't report about a "rapist", or a "murderer"?

I'm sorry if I fueled any "fire". What I meant to say is some of the older people (who still have those outdated beliefs) have caretakers (who happen to be black) who drive them to doctor appointments and help them with things they're not capable of doing themselves. Even if they have those old beliefs, they still treat their caretaker as an equal, if not their friend. Again, I'm sorry if I said anything wrong. :(