Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

The Social at the Hamptons

They should be taking the stage in the next few minutes. :013:

Isn't it interesting that they don't even list this show on their own website?

Yes! Think ol' Tom is feeling a little hypocritical about the shindig?

^Perhaps just a tad... :icon_rolleyes:

Actually, someone I know here has a friend that goes to school on Long Island, and may try to listen from outside. I'll pass on any details if I get them.

An update on this previous post: He indicated that his friend was going to be out of town for the day, and couldn't try to go. No more details are forthcoming from these parts.

psix010f.jpg

NOT SO PETTY

August 28, 2007 -- TOM Petty and the Heartbreakers earned a cool $1.7 million for just four hours of work this weekend. Friday night, Petty played at financier Leon Black's birthday party in East Hampton - where Mayor Bloomberg seemed to be having "a great time" - for a rumored $850,000 paycheck. The next night, the band earned the same amount to rock Hamptons Social @ Ross, where the crowd included Renée Zellweger, Calvin Klein, Paul McCartney, Mischa Barton, Ronald Perelman, Jimmy Buffett, Richard Gere and Carey Lowell, and Katie Lee Joel, who chatted up her husband Billy Joel's ex, Christie Brinkley.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08282007/gossip/pagesix/not_so_petty.htm

^It is creepy. Am I reading this right? They paid the mayor to be there, too? It's really nice when people come together for a common reason. I guess money is it when you're a financier. It sounds like a big celebration of money! Eeeewwww

^ Ames - that was just poor sentence construction, the band was paid $850,000, the mayor just had a "great

time." :)

and I get The Last DJ thing, but I saw the album as more of a nostalgia for the way things used to be across the board, concerts, being a kid, everything that has changed, untalented trampies on stage and all. Life is different than it was. I still think TPATH does so much better than the rest in this regard.

Ok guys - shoot me on this, but if I won the lottery and had enough money where big $$ was chump change, I'd book the band for a night and fly all of you in for one huge show... seriously I would. It would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The payout from this weekend surely went to all the band... want to guess what private medical insurance costs for these guys? It's not all Tom, they are all people with expenses, families etc... making a living. I so seriously do not have an issue with it, especially if it means they can continue to keep concert prices down for the rest of us. :)

Wow....that is a REALLY nice pic of Tom! And if TPatH can command big bucks, more power to them! Make the rich folks pay and then keep the ticket prices down for the rest of us!

Love & Peace,

Ladywiz

"If you don't run you rust."