Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

Philadelphia Meet Up

Well here I am having to put up with "Pissed off Patty" today. Gosh what a misery she is today, lol.

I loved the meet up in the restaurant last night, it was alot of fun to meet people I'd previously only known from msg boards and to see some others that I had met before again.

I loved Erin! What a sweetie pie. She should come up and spend summer with me lol. I loved how Nancy's kids were so affectionate with one another, it was really nice to see.

I can't get over how huge my beef and cheese sandwich was at the restaurant, it was a Fred Flintstone sandwich! It was extremely messy and I think I used up about 8 napkins while eating it, no doubt a few people thought...OMG...what a horrible pig LOL - I couldn't finish it, it was SO enormous. Must say they did a very good Martini at the restaurant :)

OK...so to the show. It was a great show, I was so thrilled to hear Girl on LSD, and even more thrilled to see Steve Winwood share the stage with Tom - something we didn't get in Toronto.

Ahh yes, the crowd. Well, yes, they were pig-ignorant for the most part - and I'm sorry, but when security has to move the SAME person 4 or 5 times they aren't doing their job. My idea would be for security to say to the "perp" "OK, move back and if I have to move you again - you're out"! Simple as that. Also perhaps print on the tickets and in the venues the same rule...."Stay where you are allocated on your ticket - repeated "moving up" will result in being removed from the show". They'll soon get the message...bastards LOL.

Looking forward to the Bristow show tomorrow - although - I'm not sure we'll get there, neither Patty or myself have the first idea how to get here and you just know ol' "Misery Guts" won't stop to ask directions.....pray for me HAHA

^ HAHA! Emmie, I'm scared for you. I'll say a FEW prayers. I feel real sorry for anyone that gets in Miss Patty's way at the next show. Patty, I truly hope Bristow is much better for you. I'm so sorry. It just pisses me the hell off when some jackasses ruin my good time. I think writing a letter to the venue is an excellent idea. If more of us started doing that maybe things would change.

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed themselves at the show and had a pleasant meet up. I'm having fun reading your stories and reviews.

lol emmie, not sure but i think you and patty take rt 95 south past balto and the take rt 30 to the west. you should be in manassass, VA real quick for a room. the show isn't too far from that, but you'll have to drive a few miles for the show.

OMG Patty and Emmie, I'm so sorry you had to put up with rude people. They can really spoil a show. At least one of those nutcases did break through to the front row and our security guard (our new BFF, Chris, who was TERRIFIC!) got rid of her pronto. Hope you have much better luck in Bristow. As I recall, security there was blessedly strict.

Seeing everyone at Chickie and Pete's was great, I've been wanting to meet Emmie for years and it was fun to see a lot of old friends again. Em has stolen my children's hearts, they absolutely love her and so do I. :)

The show was simply amazing. I told Amy on our way to Philly that Thursday night had been so incredible, Friday was bound to be a let down. Boy did I eat my words!!! I never in a million years thought I'd hear Tom take a request from the crowd. And when he forgot what came next in Girl on LSD, Amy was right there yelling "It's beer, Tom!" lol.

Benmont and Mike were fantastic, of course, and the whole band seemed to be having a great time. They were having SO much fun playing with Steve Winwood, and he was absolutely beaming. It will shock me if that number doesn't stay in the show the rest of the tour.

Hope at least one of my pictures turned out, I was jumping around so much that it isn't likely! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Tom, Mike, Benmont, Ron, Steve and Scott for two wonderful nights.

Patty and Emmie, I am so sorry about the rude people. UGH! I hate that! I'm a bitch on wheels when that happens.

I hope Bristow is a nicer show for you both.

Glad to read that everyone had a blast meeting up! That sandwich sounds yummy, Emmie!

Nancy's kids are the best. I just love them so. :)

I so enjoy reading the "post show" posts! Good times - except the jackasses, of course.

Hey Nurk, time to get rollin' on the tranquilizer dart idea. That'd be funnier than all get out ... one quick blow and down they go. Hey - that could be the slogan!! :003: No need to disturb the "crack" security patrol.

"Badges? ... We don't need no stinkin' badges!" :045:

OMG, I have goose-bumps reading these stories. GIRL ON LSD???

Are you f-ing kidding me?? Sounds like a FABULOUS show )with the exception of

the jackholes that Emmie and Patty had to put up with! Ugh!)

Nancy's kids are the best. And no, they should come visit ME this

summer!

(They're so popular around here, we'll all be fighting over them. LOL)

Patty and Emmie, I'm sorry you had to put up with those rude idiots. I guess there are some at every show. We were just amazed at how well behaved everyone was after we had such a horrible time last tour at the Pittsburgh show. It really does ruin the show for you. I hope you get a better crowd at Bristow. I have enjoyed the shows there that I have been to. Advice-take water and wear cool clothing! Temps are in the high 90's!

Thanks nurk. Yeah, it does ruin the night... doesn't it? F*cking jackasses. :mad:

Patty, I'm so sorry! That just bites to have your concert ruined like that. Sounds like the crowd in Camden for Springsteen 2 years ago - it was brutal. Why can't everyone else just stay home and TPATH play for only us?!

It was good talking to Nancy & AmyLou this morning and thanks, Marion, for your text! It makes me feel included even though I wasn't there - thank you, guys! Patty & Emmie, I really would love to meet you both someday. Nancy's kids are the best, aren't they?

Glad you all had so much fun!

Hey, I want to see pics of everyone!

Edited by Nylle

I though I posted from my cell phone from thre airport but guess it didn't work - no matter... here I am now!

Have to be quick because (surprise) there are three men and two dogs waiting to see me... but DAMN! what an incredible show and an even more incredible time because it was spent with so many of you! Yep - Girl on LSD was a highlight - let's see if my obnoxious shout out to Tom shows up on that one! Nancy is the most incredible host - I just laid around and was chauferred from here to there - I tell you we should appoint her master tour guide for every show, might wear her out but I guess that's the price you pay for perfection! Of course now I have to go train my kids all over again because hers are so darn charming ;)

I have some pics of everyone - have to get it all sorted out but they'll get here eventually. Sorry we didn't get to see you and Patty after the show Emmie - I wish you guys had our A+ security guard to help you with those yutzes... Maybe this bad show was the price you had to pay to the concert gods for an absolotely amazing experience to come at Bristow?!

Love you all - that was way to much fun, and you know (say it with me people...)

coming down is the hardest thing. :)

Amy, I have a message for you from my charming son Kevin. He just called from the gas station and said to tell you that his car does NOT have that gas tank arrow, and when he gets back from the shore he'll send you a picture! LOL

Ooo, Girl on LSD. That's a fun one. We lucked out and caught that one in Florida on year. Tom dedicated it to a relative who requested it. Amylou, glad you had a great time. Can't wait to see your pics!

Amy, I have a message for you from my charming son Kevin. He just called from the gas station and said to tell you that his car does NOT have that gas tank arrow, and when he gets back from the shore he'll send you a picture! LOL

oooh - a guy who is challenging me?! I love it... if I were only 30 years younger ;) Tell him I'll believe it when I see it! :045:

Oh I am back to say we got to meet MJLastdance from Germany. She was sitting a couple of seats down from me...MJ, that was so cool to share that show with you!! She had on the coolest hat!!! You will have to tell everyone about that Flag....;)

Safe trip home for you and I hope to share more shows with you!

Thank you Beth, I´m now back at home here in Germany and I already miss to see the band and all those nice people I´ve met... I wish I could just fly back and go to another concert with all of you again... I had the best time of my life I tell ya... I´m so sad now that it´s over... The Philadelphia shows were the first shows I´ve ever been to, it was so overwhelming! Especially the second show... I can´t even put it into words what that show did to me... lol And oh yeah, god bless that flag!!!

Ok, I´ll give you a little review now... I just have to tell you this!

I brought a German flag with me and wrote on it "Greetings From Germany" and "ITom" I´m so glad that I did that... Benmont was the first who´d notice it... he was right in front of me... when Tom said "Let´s turn the lights on and see everybody" I kept it up and Ben looked at me and said "Ohh, Germany!" and had a huge smile on his face... so had I... I blowed him as many kisses as I could lol and he blowed me a big kiss back... it was too cute!!! :heart: I will never forget that... And I´ll never forget Mike Flirtell... :D Man, I thought Mike is shy but he´s not at all! :D I thought I was shy too but suddendly I wasn´t anymore! LOL During the show he smiled, waved and blew kisses back at me and made gestures saying I should take a photo of him... so I did... and after they did "Refugee" he turned around and looked at me again so I could take a picture of him again... :heart: I´ll post those pics later... So... I have a huge crush on Mike Campbell now, haha! :rolleyes: What a cutie... How sweet of him! But I was a bit disappointed till then that Tom hadn´t really noticed it... he looked at my flag but didn´t react... but then, when they played the last song, he walked to the side of the stage again so I cheerd like crazy and finally he looked at me and smiled... he said something, but I don´t know what... maybe he´d said: "Come down, little girl" hahaha! I wish somebody had filmed this... I was filming him when he came towards us, but then I kept up my flag so you can´t see anything on my video then... you just can hear Beth and me scream, hahaha! :D I made a lot of wiggly videos, lol, but I think I´m too ebarrassed to put most of them on here, because you can always hear me scream like an idiot... hahaha!

Thanks to the Heartbreakers for those two incredible shows and thanks to everyone I´ve met there... You are a great bunch of people! :)

And oh... "Sweet Wiliam", I love that song! Especially live! Very bluesy! Can´t wait to get the live version of it!

I took the beginning of the song for my "Long After Dark" video, remember? :D And damn... "Gimme Some Lovin´" with Steve... that is one of my favorite songs ever!!! I was going NUTS!!!!! What a surprise! And "Girl On LSD"! Why am I still alive? LOL

Edited by MJ§LastDance

My next show is this coming Tuesday...Madison Square Garden then Newark...

I am not good with flags, lol....I don't want to hurt anyone sitting by me...you did such a beautiful job with yours. The colors....the writing.....the band loved it!! :045:

LOL...I'm so glad you were recognized... I'll be expecting to see tons of photos of Mike and Benmont on the photo a day thread...LOL You've got our fever, hon..lol I'm so glad your concert experience was realized... Sounds like you had a wonderful time...

I'm glad you made it home ok, MJ, and glad to have met you. I'm the lady behind you and Beth that took your picture with the flag. I sent it to Marion so she can post it if it's ok with you. The picture looks great! I didn't catch all Tom said either but I did see him mouth "hello". What an awesome night!