Sign in to follow this  
Patty Petty

Philadelphia Meet Up

Well here I am for a quick post before hitting the sack. It's 12:38 and I have to be up early to pick Emmie up at the airport. I just wanted to say... Amylou... we warmed them up just right for tomorrow night! Don't you worry! :003:

I haven't read any other setlists as I have said a million times... and I am horrible with entire setlists.. I am just too into the show to jot it down or anything. But.. LOTS of highlights for me... Sweet William, Honeybee, Face In The Crowd, Saving Grace.. WOW! They really vamped that one up even more.. and carried it out... it was great! Let's see, let's see.. what else... Even The Losers, Bo Diddly's a Gunslinger/Mystic Eyes.. I am braindead right now. I must get sleep!

See you all tomorrow! Night night!

Thanks everyone! :)

Yes, Linda! I wore my Mudcrutch shirt.... so did Nancy, haha!

Gosh, I am still on a high.... what a phenomenal show last night!

Steve didn't talk too much.. I saw him drinking.. looked like a wine glass... the guy next to me said it was probably vodka.. who knows? In either case, maybe he gets a little quiet when he's had a couple cocktails?

And by the way... I LOVED Steve Winwood. What a talent. Such a beautiful voice... and his band? Superb!

I cannot wait for tonight! I am leaving shortly to go pick up emmie.. the traffic will be horrendous this time of morning. What normally would take me 15-20 mins. TOPS to get to (the airport that is) will probably take me....ohhhh.. about an hour I am figuring. Oh well... I will load up the CD player in the car and no worries. :003:

Ta ta for now, folks! My TPATH journey continues.. :020::041:

Patty, did anyone ask you about your shirt? The people next to us not only knew Mudcrutch, they were yelling out for Benmont to play This is a Good Street! :) I have mine in the wash so I can wear it again, lol. We were right in front of the piano and had a great view of Benmont and Mike.

We also bumped into Beth and her sister, and I met ZZ and Yersobad on the way out.

In addition to the songs Patty mentioned, we got Breakdown (first time on this tour, I believe) but no Spike or Straight Into Darkness - fingers crossed for tonight!

You know what was fun? Being surrounded by a bunch of people who knew the words to Saving Grace!

Can't wait to see everybody tonight!!!!!

Edited by Starfish
I keep adding things, lol

I heard the meet up went very well! Emmie, you have a new friend? Is her name Erin? ;)

I'm so happy you all had such a good time! But...also so sad I couldn't be there.

Girl on LSD anyone?

The meet up was lots of fun. We had a good turn out. It was fun to finally meet Emmie and great to see Patty again. They played lots of TPATH at the restaurant. Good food and friends. mmmmmm, lobster pizza!

We've had a wonderful time here in Philly so far. It was great seeing old friends again-Marion, Beth, Caroline, Nancy, Amy Lou, Cheryl-and meeting new ones-Patty, Emmie, ZZ, Karin, Andrea and a few others along the way. As always, the time goes by way too fast.

The people here in Philly are awesome! The crowd was polite, not pushy, and everyone really got into the music. No one sat down during the show that I could see, and although a lot of people had to go by us with beer cups when the show started, very few left their seats during the show. Then when they did, they always apologized as they went by. And it was nice to be in an air conditioned venue! I can only imagine how hot it's going to be in NC next month!

The band sounded awesome! The guys looked great! I'm so glad that Steve Winwood came out and played with them. Gimme Some Lovin rocked! Philly rocks!

First let me say Emmie and I enjoyed meeting everyone at Chickie and Pete's... it was so great to see you all!

Yes, the show was fantastic... really great setlist. I echo what everyone has said so far regarding that.

Now.. about the crowd...

Let me say that the people I was around Thursday night were like everyone Donna described. I had really nice people all around me Thursday night.

VERRRRRRYYYYYY different from last night. All night long, we had to deal with drunks... ignorant drunks at that... people who were just so strung out on whatever the hell drug it was they were taking... and the people who tried pushing their way to front.. down through that center aisle... argh! I must have had to run to get a security guard at least 8 or 9 times. It really took away from the show for me. And to boot... everyone who WAS pushing their in front of us, were so freaking rude about it... I know, I know, as if it isn't rude enough to do that in the first place.. right? But yeah... whenever I would try and politely ask them to please move, etc... I got responses like "I paid just as much as you did," "I'm in the front row! I can't get there!" and on and on. :mad: Oh then I had the lovely couple, who, when I politely asked them if they were sitting up there and could they please move.. the guy got VERY nasty... and finally I said "Come on.. do I have to go get security?" His girlfriend/wife/ WHATEVER she was.. turned around and snottily said, "well then go get security!" At which point I did! AGAIN! Let me tell you... it was the first time in my life when I was at a TPATH show, I actually looked up at the people sitting in the 100 section to the front side of the stage and seriously wished I was there. At least there, last night, I would have been able to see the entire show, without interruption and I would have enjoyed myself. Thanks to all the ignorant people at the show last night... sorry you had a mother who obviously didn't teach you any manners.. and taught you to be pushy and moronic. Yeah... thanks alot. I also want to thank the lame security at Wachovia who pretty much did nothing about the situation all night. Sure, they'd come over and get people to get out of there when I would go and hunt them down.. then 5-10 mins. later, they were back and security were nowhere to be found... security? You were hopeless. I fully intend on writing to Wachovia to tell them of this entire experience we had to endure last night. I know it won't matter.. but I still feel I need to do it.

Sorry for the longwinded post.. it really just had me THAT upset. I can only wish for THAT to happen to those who did what they did last night. I hope one day THEY get primo seats and someone pushes their way in front of them, then gets belligerent about it and pretty much laughs in your face! :097:

I just got in and wanted to say thank you so much for all you concert buddies who shared this show with me! You guys are all the best!!! This is what makes the music that much more incredible.....the sharing......

Thank you, too, to TPATH (Mike :heart:) and to Steve Winwood and his great band!! Yesssssss, Steve came out...just like I said he would (how did I know that, lol ;) )....joining the guys for Gimme Some Lovin!! I guess it was looking like I was really into Steve's set (well, I was, lol) because this guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said he would take a pic of me sitting and Steve on stage. Well, as he was taking the picture...Steve broke into Higher Love!!!!!

Philly sure did Rock!!!!!!!! What a great time...will be back after I get some things done here.....I LOVE out Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

Oh I am back to say we got to meet MJLastdance from Germany. She was sitting a couple of seats down from me...MJ, that was so cool to share that show with you!! She had on the coolest hat!!! You will have to tell everyone about that Flag....;)

Safe trip home for you and I hope to share more shows with you!