I'm a bootleg flyer

And I work alone

I got wings for hire

Drop my load and I'm gone

I'm a bootleg flyer

And I work alone

I'm a tree-top glider

Drop my load and I'm gone

I've loved this song since it was first performed by the original Dirty Knobs as a song called Ticket Home. But now...wow. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song! The lyrics are strong and the guitar work from Mike and Tom L is fantastic. I have to admit though, I do miss Jason Sinay playing the other guitar.

Benmont's contribution is awesome. He reminds me so much of Mike, not a note wasted.

Tom's lyrics and vocals just blew me away and to hear it live, well..a girls dream come true. I love when Tom does that 'talk' then sings. *sigh* :heart:

WARNING - dangerous song to have in your cd player while driving. :003: I'm speaking from experience, hahahaha. Shhh.

This has recently become one of my favorites on the album. I love the way Tom's says..."I'm a bootleg flyer" in that low voice. I find myself repeating this one quite a bit. You just can't sit still with that beat. Especially when Mike and Tom L. take off. This is a great song. I love it!

I love this song. Mudcrutch did a great job with it and I thoroughly enjoy it but I must say, I am more partial to the Dirty Knobs version. They took my breath away more times than once with their live version with Jason Sinay playing his growlin' guitar.

I really like this song. I never understood all of the words so it was nice to read them. After reading them though, I am not sure I got the true meaning. I (guess I am showing my ignorance here) originally thought it was about transporting illegal (moonshine) whiskey--I guess that is mostly a Southern thing (?). I am just wondering how the rest of you interpret this song.