Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Preliminary List Of Cities Screening The Film Runnin' Down A Dream

Preliminary List Of Cities Screening The Film Runnin' Down A Dream

On Monday, October 15th, Runnin' Down A Dream the Peter Bogdanovich documentary about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be shown in theaters across America for one night only. Currently, the following cities have been confirmed, with more to follow. Theaters, locations and screening times as well as a pre-sale for Highway Companion Club Members will also be announced shortly. For more information on this film, sign up for the Tom Petty email list and keep checking TomPetty.com for updates.

Preliminary list of cities where screenings will take place:*

Los Angeles

San Diego

Chicago

San Francisco

Berkeley

Santa Rosa, CA

Boston

Detroit

Indianapolis

Milwaukee

Long Island, NY

Atlanta

Memphis

Denver

Dallas

Grand Rapids, MI

Lansing, MI

*More cities will be confirmed soon.

Don't make me drive to Indy.. ! ahhh

pre-sale for Highway Companion Club Members will also be announced shortly

^ that is interesting, do they really think it will be hard to get into the show? considering there will be probably multiple showings for at least a few days...

Yahoo! San Diego and Berkeley!! I don't care that it's 4 hours long and

a school night!

Ryan, your're right about tickets. When The Concert for George played in

the theater here, it was only about half full. I don't think getting in is

going to be a problem. Especially since it is 4 hours long and a work night!

It'll mostly be us die-hards.

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!! :041:

Chances are it's showing at the Dallas Angelica which is only a 20-minute train ride away! :cool:

{Oh, and if anyway is thinking of coming to Dallas for the screening, let me know and maybe we can make a party of it! :003:}

Apparently no other cities will see this movie on a big screen now..

TOM PETTY has lost out on becoming a big screen documentary star in America - because a new film about his life and career is too long for cinemas. Moviemaker Peter Bogdanovich's movie, Runnin' Down A Dream: Tom Petty + The Heartbreakers, will premiere at the New York Film Festival next month (Oct07), but, at four hours long, it won't hit other theatres. Instead, the in-depth documentary, which features interviews with Bob Dylan, George Harrison and Johnny Depp and archival and concert footage, will go straight to TV. America's Sundance Channel will debut the documentary on 29 October (07).

I mentioned this idea on another thread. Why not air this on PBS stations like they did Martin Scorsese's documentary of Bob Dylan? That would be the perfect place for it. That way it could easily be shown in 2 parts (like Bobs) and since most people have a PBS station, and not Sundance it would reach a wider audience.

I mentioned this idea on another thread. Why not air this on PBS stations like they did Martin Scorsese's documentary of Bob Dylan? That would be the perfect place for it. That way it could easily be shown in 2 parts (like Bobs) and since most people have a PBS station, and not Sundance it would reach a wider audience.

ding ding ding

you need to be head of TPATH's management.