Sign in to follow this  
Refugee

Mudcrutch - Song of the Day - This Is A Good Street

This is a good street. We never walked it. You never held my hand as we crossed it. We never stopped along here to light a cigarette.

This is a good street.

This is a good house. It wasn't our home. It never scuffed you here on this threshold. I never waited for you by the window.

This is a good house.

This is a good room. You never slept here. You can't betray the faith that is kept here and then no more tears will be wept here.

This is a good room.

This is a good bed. We never laid here. You can't erase the love that was made here. And a love that's love will not fade here.

This is a good bed.

This is a good heart and you can't take it. You can bend it, bruise it and shake it. But no my dear you can't break it.

This is good heart.

This is a good bed.

Tis is a good room.

This a good house.

This is a good street.

This is a good street.

This is a good street. 2147469748.jpg

What a great little ditty! Perfect for Benmont who likes to sing it fast, and have fun while doing it.

I love the beat to this song! SO much fun to see them play this live. I hope Benmont sings more often, he has a great voice. :heart:

What a great melody this song is!! I love how Tom introduced this song at The Troubadour....."Now girls, don't you be swooning now".....we did! Benmont's voice is just so sweet on this...love his keyboards!! A rockin little song...I will be thinking of this song today!! :045:

^^He sure is "smokin' hot"!!

You know the lyrics are interesting. He's talking about how good the place is to someone who wasn't ever there. It's like he's trying to convince someone that they can't mess with something good.

I love the keyboards and the whole rhythm of the song. I thought it was really sweet when Tom sang backup at the show. I've seen Benmont do it so often for Tom. It was cool to see that turned around. And it sounded soooo good.....like the street...lol

Linda, I'll have to wait to respond to the rest of these posts. I want to think about the songs, but I have a physiology final on my mind....lol First things first..lol

I love this song, for the obvious reason...I love Benmont! But I think it's a great song. I do wish it were longer, but I think a song that leaves you wanting more is always a good thing.

I love the little story he tells through the song. Makes me feel sad for the subject, that he was hurt so bad.

I love this song, for the obvious reason...I love Benmont! But I think it's a great song. I do wish it were longer, but I think a song that leaves you wanting more is always a good thing.

I love the little story he tells through the song. Makes me feel sad for the subject, that he was hurt so bad.

I love Benmont, too. Infact, my license plates are dedicated to him! :heart:

He sounds sexy singin' it, and I agree that it was a painful song.

Needless to say, it's my #1 song on the album.

Ben wrote a great little song and I love it so much! Reminds me of On The Street which I always loved. For a painful song, it sure brings a lot of joy. I loved seeing Ben singing it live and getting such a great reaction from the crowd. That is one loved man. :1luvu:

I also love this song, and it is my favorite on the album. In the YouTube video, Benmont looks like he is enjoying himself when he sings this song, and he is his usual cute self.

Was it stated in one of the many interviews or reviews when Benmont wrote this song? I wondered if he wrote it recently or if it was actually written back in the early Mudcrutch days. Nevertheless, it does display his songwriting talent, keyboard talent, and now his singing talent.

This song is just perfect! Benmont has a fabulous voice. My daughter and I replay this one over and over when we're in the car.

Where you have It never scuffed you here on this threshold we are singing "You never scuffed your heel on this threshold." Now I need to listen to it again :)

i just listened 5 times on speakers and 5 times on headphones. i'm hearing just what the original lyrics say (scuffed you here). now for the ultimate nurktwin way to really know (it always worked on analog lp's). play the cd loud and go upstairs to a bathroom or whatever 1 floor higher, close the door and then you'll hear what they say or sing a lot better. that's they way i did it way back with the beatles and it always worked for me. try it, it can't hurt, you're gonna listen to the cd anyways.