Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

https://nypost.com/2020/01/14/a-104-year-old-marine-vet-wants-people-to-send-him-valentines-day-cards/

A 104-year-old US Marine Corps veteran wants people to share some love this Valentine’s Day.

Maj. Bill White, who served in World War II and was injured in the Battle of Iwo Jima, is asking members of the public to send him cards for the Feb. 14 holiday, KTXL reports.

Pitchers and catchers report today!  Let's do this!  Baseball is life.   We're going to the opener in Seattle of course, but my wife and I are also going to a Dodgers -vs- Nationals game the day before The Dirty Knobs at the Troubadour.  

I love when you can combine fun stuff into one trip! Have fun at the game and enjoy the show!! 

I may have to hit the Troubadour just to say I've been when I go to LA in April. I missed going into the Whiskey a go go last time as it was closed and I was overscheduled between the two Petty tributes, Disney and the price is right tapings.  this time the kids are coming so I hope to still get out to see some night life even if my wife has to sleep while I make some rounds... 

Anyone know if they offer tours of the Hollywood bowl or the other large amphitheater in the hollywood hills near the observatory? I plan to try and do a pilgrimage there next time as well. 

^ Actually.. I don't see why this brilliant man doesn't aim higher. He seems to have all it takes - sans the mean bullying, the slow wittedness and inanity, perhaps, but he can learn - to go all the way. You go, Philip!! 2020?