Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

On November 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM, nurktwin said:

I quit by cold turkey, but not by choice. I went to the hospital for a catheterization and after 2 earlier ones with 5 stents in 2 arteries, 4 arteries were blocked again. I knew as soon as the camera got to my heart I was in trouble (I was watching on the screen) and I couldn't see any arteries with blood flow! Dr told me more stents were out of the question, I needed Open heart surgery immediately. I said ok and they wheeled me out and I don't remember anything after that. They did 4 bypasses and I was in a coma for 12 days in ICU. When I woke up I had to stay in different recovery rooms on different floors for another 15 days and I don't remember any of that either. When I got home, they had me on some pretty good drugs, cuz I never felt any pain at all and I never even knew I was home until 2 weeks later when one morning I woke up and looked at the ceiling and realized I was home!!!! So I was out of it for about a month and a half and that period of time without smoking got me off cigs. That's the hard way to quit cigs, but it worked for me.

You've been through some intense experiences! Glad you're not a smoker anymore despite the means of getting there.

^^^ ...are there really only these two famous options? 

to be inside the tent p***ing out?

to be outside the tent p***jng in?

Or could people keep applying their critical thinking & using other productive creative ways to find a path through the jungle of public policy & good governance? I surely hope so.

14 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

I feel that censoring 'bad' words is kind of bullshit and pretty fucking useless anyways.

I think there's appropriate times to refrain from swearing personally, to be polite and classy. But yes, generally speaking I'm against censorship but then, if someone wants to self-censor I feel that's their prerogative.

cheers