Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

39 minutes ago, nurktwin said:

Did it ever occur to you that most of the crap you buy comes from India and the remaining percentage comes from China?

Yes. And some products are from child labor. It's horrible. You'd think a priority would be making American industry strong, not just in terms of quality products but for jobs; but I also understand why people purchase japanese automobiles when the quality and gas mileage is higher.

The point is, as a country we could be doing better; if Japan was able to emerge from WW2, there's no reason why the U.S. can't be known as a place of high quality products.

Listening to a concert recording. Threw it onto the end of my big playlist in foobar2000 and began playing it. Then it went to the second track. "Funny, I don't remember them ever playing this before."

I'd actually forgotten to turn off shuffle mode. Not always the quickest on the uptake.

1 hour ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Was it DEEP SPECULATIONS ON PETTY TOPICS by Shelter E. Shelter, Esq.?

No. It was a book on math. Very simple math. But math that will make you cringe. I had nothing to with it, I'm sorry to say.

23 hours ago, nobodyinparticular said:

You're just making us more curious, you realize?

Well.. I'm sorry. Let's just say that if I could help you, I would. But I'm afraid that's just not where our society is these days. Ironically, exactly that is key to the book. And, I suppose.. after all... just look who's president in the US right now. Now what does that tell you about the state of basic math? People just don't believe in it. That's about all I can tell you. Truth is not in fashion.

Oh, sh#t. New lows each day. This man will be the end of us all. Or, rather - people nominating, electing and accepting him, letting this menace of a moron deconstruct much of civilization's slow moving progress and instead bring back all backwards dead end, hate driven and sectarian policies, will be the end of us. A new dark ages awaits us, and we all just silently (well?) let it happen. If there ever was a case of democracy demounting itself, it's the here and now of our time. That will be our legacy.