Sign in to follow this  
Echosoftom

Random Thoughts Thread

The further away from the 1950s and 60s influence, especially the older styles of blues and early rock-n-roll, TPATH went in their songwriting  the more I enjoy their music. Clearly they were influenced but what emerged from them was something quite different. I think it's another reason I don't care for a lot of their covers, not just because they could've been playing more of their own music but that the songs themselves largely don't interest me aside from when they give space for extended soloing with Mike and Benmont.

Wonder why Twitter doubled to 280 characters, when 140 characters apparently was more than enough for one man to destroy the work done by thousands of sane men in deacades and centuries. No to mention the ruin of politeness and respect for humanity. I suppose it's fitting, really: Of all the words and conversations that can be had about our planet and our future, turns out as little as 140 character is enough to decide between do or die, and of all the riches and possibilites available to man, as little as 1% of us is enough to keep it all to themselves. The irony? We seem to want this so bad! 

12 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Keen insight comparing Twitter and telegrams.

Or. Nothing says instant gratification or globally distributed verbal smack, like a good telegram.

Besides, perhaps reading my previous post as a "complaint" about people's taste in leaders (and a global shockwave of brainpower loss in general) rather than a mere technology dis, may help remove nobody in particular from the idea of telegrams. 

Make no mistake, I don't blame technology for people's failure to handle it properly. Kinda like NRA don't blame guns for people occasionally missing their target.